x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Help Underclock a Tm5600

Pete P. Page Icon Posted 2005-12-26 1:47 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I need help here. Been digging through PDF after manual after PDF looking for the CSEL of the FSB on my laptop, powered by a small battery and the TM5600. Instruction say you cant use anything higher than 128MB RAM, but I know 256MB will work. It does. Low density RAM is the trick, but it's a tough trick to find. Managed to get the 256MB low-density stick, and it does work. But, the ONLY 256MB low-density stick for laptops are ALL PC100's, not PC133 as the laptop needs. In less words, it runs but it runs hot. A hot laptop is bad; bad for battery, lifetime, and personal comfort.

Now here's my thing: I need to change the FSB on the laptop from 133MHz to 100MHz, and I have no idea what pins, and where they are. I am a practiced overclocker, but I've searched and have come to the conclusion there are NO Transmeta overclockers out there. Can anybody offer any help?
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 58 - Executed queries : 9