x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

just a little fun trying to get ppc apps to work on my 780

1 2
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2005-12-29 12:06 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Good choice. It's slim and good-looking (better-looking than the E-105, IMO) and has convenient buttons (including an exit-application button that works in most apps) that are well-laid out (unless you're left-handed, maybe). On the down side, it does seem a bit sluggish, but maybe I'm just not leaving enough program memory open.

cmonex: Thanx for the education. I am still learning. I'm still going to peek inside my old notebook and look for files that may be usable to you and me, but it may be a while; I don't have much spare time these days, and I'm not ready just yet to put my CE toys down and poke around in the dark on my old notebook.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-29 12:11 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

CE Geek - 2005-12-29 6:06 AM

Good choice. It's slim and good-looking (better-looking than the E-105, IMO) and has convenient buttons (including an exit-application button that works in most apps) that are well-laid out (unless you're left-handed, maybe). On the down side, it does seem a bit sluggish, but maybe I'm just not leaving enough program memory open.

cmonex: Thanx for the education. I am still learning. I'm still going to peek inside my old notebook and look for files that may be usable to you and me, but it may be a while; I don't have much spare time these days, and I'm not ready just yet to put my CE toys down and poke around in the dark on my old notebook.

wow, you know pspc's so well. there's a jornada 420 at one of our local auction sites. should i get it? bid is at 15$... currently.

hey i don't mind a little waiting on this. but i hope you can get the files in the end

Edited by cmonex 2005-12-29 12:13 AM
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-12-29 12:27 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

CE Geek - 2005-12-28 10:06 PM

Well, I do like the E-100s because of video playback, however my iPAQ has fully replaced that need... Also, because we are getting a bit off topic with Palm Size PCs, I suggest that we start a thread about PSPCs...
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2005-12-29 12:33 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

At $15 it's a huge bargain, but expect the bids to go way up. I was looking at 420s before I got my E-105. This page in Chris De Herrera's site was very helpful:

http://www.pocketpcfaq.com/wce/21/palmpctech.htm

As you can see, the 420 is considerably faster than the E-105, but on the other hand it has less storage space. That led me to look at 430s as well. IMHO, the Jornada 400 series was a bit funny-looking (sadly, it kinda seemed visually like a mutated 680/690 to me), but they do appear well-built. (What led me to buy my E-105 was that a CF camera came with it. Silly of me, since I already have two digital cameras - and a digital video recorder - with better resolution, but it is kinda convenient for casual shots. Still, I have nothing but praise for Casio thus far.)

(BTW, it looks like Chris De Herrera is looking for a job. Anyone hiring? )

Edited by CE Geek 2005-12-29 12:51 AM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2005-12-29 4:43 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

tenjeangosi - 2005-12-28 9:49 AM

CE Geek - 2005-12-28 2:29 AM

I'm currently looking at a Nino 210 on eBay, which I believe is a CE 2.0 device.

Well, my Nino 300 is a very nice device. However, the absence of a file explorer and Pocket Office, with Outlook as the exception is a bit hard to deal with... Also, I have been looking at the Casio E-15 for a while now...

Forgot to mention, there are lots of good third-party freeware file explorer programs for the Palm-size PC. Total Commander has a version for Palm-size PC, and I also use another dual-pane explorer called FileManCE. There's also a tree-style explorer called dTree, and many others.

Oh, and cmonex, you're right, the Velo 300 is 2.0. I found this out on another page in Chris De Herrera's site. (tenjeangosi probably knows this already, since it would be in Settings\System\General.)
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2005-12-29 12:57 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

The Biggest draw back on the 420's is the built in back up battery, once that goes dead, enless you can find the correct type and solder them in well you know....
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-12-29 3:36 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

CE Geek - 2005-12-29 2:44 AM

tenjeangosi - 2005-12-28 9:49 AM

Well, my Nino 300 is a very nice device. However, the absence of a file explorer and Pocket Office, with Outlook as the exception is a bit hard to deal with... Also, I have been looking at the Casio E-15 for a while now...

Forgot to mention, there are lots of good third-party freeware file explorer programs for the Palm-size PC.

Yes, I know this...
CE Geek - 2005-12-29 2:44 AM

Oh, and cmonex, you're right, the Nino 300 is 2.0. I found this out on another page in Chris De Herrera's site. (tenjeangosi probably knows this already, since it would be in Settings\System\General.)

I looked up the Nino 300 a long while ago on Chris De Herrera's site... The Nino 500 is CE 2.11...
 Top of the page
Wessex_nut Page Icon Posted 2006-01-20 6:26 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

cmonex - 2005-12-26 7:22 PM

as the title says

recently someone gave a MP780 away to me.. so why not experiment with MIPS ce 2.11!!

SH3 is a no go currently, this may change though.. until that my poor J680 just sits there waiting

no real success yet as i haven't tried anything viable, only hopeless cases

screenshots to follow

Sorry I didn't respond earlier, I am rather interested in getting the Acrobat reader to work, as guess what?
I needed it for the timetables that "SOUTHERN" publish on my local line, the West Coastway!!
( http://www.southernrailway.com/ )
I suppose they didn't think of someone trying to carry a timetable book with them everywhere on a CE device.
Hey, I think I'll download all of the timetables onto a 30mb flashcard!
(I'll probably need these timetables provided by South West Trains, since they run beyound Havant to Chichester and Brighton and I rather use them to go to London, than competing Southern, even though Southern have WiFi on their trains!

Note to self, get a T-Mobile wifi access card, although, I have not got the WiFi to work on the West Coastway YET! I did connect to the internet, while the train was off its usual patch (Wi-Fi only applies to the London - Brighton runs, elsewhere, it works and it doesn't!), but that was while it was on free access. I just started my laptop, connected and I was talking to an MSN buddy at 75mph! With stops at Warblington, Emsworth, Southbourne, Nutbourne and Bosham.
I must get skype to work at some point, I can imagine someone is going to say:
"Hey Russ, turn the recording off",
"How?"
"I don't know!! TURN IT OFF!"
(noise of laptop and bag getting picked up, air doors opening)
*SLAM* "Bloody Gangway doors!! They never work right!"
(Noise of loud traction motors)
"See what I mean Tyler? I can't do anything about it! I can open the toilet door for you and flush the chain for more proof if you want!".

That matter aside (I had to waffle about the Wi-Fi ), What DLLs did you use? Where do I put them? I'd love to also have Simcity 2000 to work on my Mobile Pro.
Also, any other acrobat readers you can recommend?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-20 7:17 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

acrobat reader, on ce 2.11? sorry i dont see the means of achieving it
it will start and then encounters a problem with the old OS and its limited functionality,... no idea what i can do about it (ok i have an idea but then that is unlikely to work.. i'll look into it next week maybe)

if you want to run it on hpc2000, then either you can download it on this site (been available for download for quite a while) or the hexedited version (means fewer problems): http://csakugy2.atw.hu/acroreader10MIPS.zip

(erm, i suppose your 780 is a 789 then.. with a 790 rom.. or..?)

ah and of course there's primer, if you want to pay for it while you still can, tenjeangosi knows the link (this will work on hpc pro too)

Edited by cmonex 2006-01-20 7:22 PM
 Top of the page
Wessex_nut Page Icon Posted 2006-01-21 4:29 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

cmonex - 2006-01-21 12:17 AM
(erm, i suppose your 780 is a 789 then.. with a 790 rom.. or..?)

Not yet anyway! Its still got its orignal ROM.
(oh and it isn't a 789 when modded in my dictionary, its a 785! Jordons a 718, a 728 without modem)
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-01-21 4:35 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Wessex_nut - 2006-01-20 3:26 PM

Sorry I didn't respond earlier, I am rather interested in getting the Acrobat reader to work, as guess what?
I needed it for the timetables that "SOUTHERN" publish on my local line, the West Coastway!!
( http://www.southernrailway.com/ )
I suppose they didn't think of someone trying to carry a timetable book with them everywhere on a CE device.
Hey, I think I'll download all of the timetables onto a 30mb flashcard!

If you have H/PC 2000 and MIPS, Adobe Reader 1.0 for H/PC works well for this. I got the same idea - I store the local commuter train, subway/light rail, and bus schedules on my 790, and they're very easy to read on the wide screen.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-01-28 10:18 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

cmonex - 2005-12-28 9:42 AM

oh i'm just curious.. who knows what use they'll have... if not more then i can run pspc apps on hpc pro and hpc2000 but maybe it could be of even more use..!

Maybe you could hack MAMECE (which as is only works on the Cassiopeia E-100/105) to work in H/PC Pro. I could have a lot of fun with that (especially if you could get ROMs other than the E-10x ones [Galaga and Ms Pac-Man] to work, and/or get the games to work with sound). Another one: ZIO Golf (shareware, but it'd be cool to play even the two demo holes on the H/PC, particularly if you could figure a way to control the aim, swing, and club selection using the keyboard - I know, a lot to ask).

I'm actually interested in some hacking in the opposite direction too (ie, making H/PC 2.0/Pro apps work on the Palm-size PC). There are a few apps that, despite small GUIs that would fit on the screen, won't work on the Palm-size PC. One that comes to mind is a Boggle-style word search game called WordZ.

Let me know if you're interested in any of these projects. I can PM/e-mail the files if you are.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-01-28 11:32 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

I know that most CE 1 apps will work on a Palm Size PC..
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-02 4:36 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

CE Geek - 2006-01-29 4:18 AM

Let me know if you're interested in any of these projects. I can PM/e-mail the files if you are.

OK. send them contactchan (at) freemail.hu you know
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.265 - Cached queries : 70 - Executed queries : 10