x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Christmas loot

1 2
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-12-28 4:35 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Lol, I used the 720, *but* with the big external keyboard! I'm in the bag for some reason. I can't talk/write/think worth beans today.

I don't remember if I slept to any degree last night. As the day wears on some of the brain fog is lifting. I didn't have anything to drink last night so who knows?

So you're waiting for an Intermec? That's news to me. What prompted you to get one after getting the Sig III? Most days I struggle with the thought of selling one 6651 to subsidize a Sig III. The new conversion process has me ready to try one oujt.
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-12-28 4:52 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Now some of my wits have returned my posts were all typed on the extended Jornada keyboard. I was in a brain fog all morning. I don't think I had much sleep last night. I dozed on and off all night on the couch without getting any rem.

Reading my previous posts is pretty scary.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-28 6:21 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

wallythacker - 2005-12-28 10:35 PM

Lol, I used the 720, *but* with the big external keyboard! I'm in the bag for some reason. I can't talk/write/think worth beans today.

I don't remember if I slept to any degree last night. As the day wears on some of the brain fog is lifting. I didn't have anything to drink last night so who knows?

So you're waiting for an Intermec? That's news to me. What prompted you to get one after getting the Sig III? Most days I struggle with the thought of selling one 6651 to subsidize a Sig III. The new conversion process has me ready to try one oujt.

oh it is not too good not to get any sleep at all.. i know no one can understand the main page of my site here but it is about an (old) competition where you had to stay awake for as long as you could. so i know what it is like..

yeah intermec, last obstacle is customs as it is not from the EU... (should have waited for another EU one after i was late for the UK sharp telios)
earlier i never really put the intermec in the first place in my wishlist primarily because of its price but now that i got a lot more funds recently than i hoped for i realized i always wanted to try one then someone posted a message about a sharp telios and i asked the price.. it was around 200$... a nice price imo. too bad i didn't get it in the end but that was when i got hooked on all this

oh the conversion... that's nice, though it is not 100%, only 95. coredll.dll doesn't want to get translated but it doesn't show too often. so i think that's pretty good
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-12-28 6:33 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

cmonex - 2005-12-28 11:21 PM

oh it is not too good not to get any sleep at all.. i know no one can understand the main page of my site here but it is about an (old) competition where you had to stay awake for as long as you could. so i know what it is like..

So how long did you do in this competition?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-28 6:39 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

C:Amie - 2005-12-29 12:33 AM

cmonex - 2005-12-28 11:21 PM

So how long did you do in this competition?

well.. i was one of the winners. around 66 hours.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-12-28 6:42 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

66 hours,

Pish.

97 - and you have no idea how painful it was.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-28 8:51 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

C:Amie - 2005-12-29 12:42 AM

66 hours,

Pish.

well i could have done more easily, but .. it is a long story and not really for this forum- anyway i had to stop after 66 hours and never really participated again.

the tradition of the competition itself continued until someone went over 100 hrs, and then they (my friends) got bored

when/why did you do the 97 hrs? (ah this is getting OT so tell me elsewhere if you can)

Edited by cmonex 2005-12-28 8:53 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2005-12-28 11:14 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

C:Amie - 2005-12-28 3:42 PM

66 hours,

Pish.

And every hour spent running this site, right?

Me? I got a USB storage drive and an SD card, both 2 GB. (Helps to drop a lot of hints. Shoulda emphasized CF more over SD, though.) And a few nonessentials like bath towels and new clothes.

I'm glad wally (typing-challenged as he was at the time) made the point about handheld devices and music. I keep trying to make this point to all the geekophobes around me - you don't need an iPod when you have an H/PC!

Edited by CE Geek 2005-12-28 11:27 PM
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2005-12-30 8:01 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Back in the olden days before we had narcotic antagonistics such as Narcan, to counter drug overdoses, we used to inject a solution of caffeine and sodium benzoate. Basically it was equivalent to drinking dozens of cups of coffee. Accelerated the heart rate, stimulated the CNS, in other words kept you awake.

After working 7 midnight shifts, we would often give each other shots of the same cocktail if we were planning of driving long distances. It kept you awake and pseudo alert, if not a little squirrely. Then as it wore off, you'd crash, but by then you were already at your destination as the cocktail was good for about 10 hours.

After several days of partying, little or no sleep, and a injections, I hit the road to travel from Mississippi to Michigan. I was keyed up!

It started snowing lightly and about half-way there, traveling down the road at 60 mph, I saw a little 5 inch elfish creature crawl over the front edge of my hood, buffetted by the wind, and up to my windshield, pressing his face on the glass looking in.

"My God," I said to myself, "I'm having a hallucination!" But the little guy heard me and shook his head no. I turned on the radio, opened the window and let the winter air hit me till I was chilled, but the little guy didn't go away.

I was in complete control of my mental faculties, knew this was impossible, but there he stood. A few miles down the road I saw a rest stop and knew I had to pull over. I did, finally coming to a stop looking at the elf all along.

"I've got to go outside and see this myself," I said aloud. The elf shook his finger at me and shook his head negatively. I felt threatened and decided against it. I thought to myself that I'm losing my mind and need to nap, so I locked my doors, watched the gnomish creature intently and fell asleep.

I woke up a few hours later, having to go to the bathroom badly. I looked out the windshield and didn't see anything. Then I got out of my car. It had snowed lightly. I looked at the hood and didn't see any footprints. I finished my drive to Michigan without incidence.

But it was sooooooo real, and even though I knew I was flipping out and could process rational thought, my senses told me it was true.

Sleep deprivation...very strange indeed.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2005-12-30 8:05 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Back in the olden days before we had narcotic antagonistics such as Narcan, to counter drug overdoses, we used to inject a solution of caffeine and sodium benzoate. Basically it was equivalent to drinking dozens of cups of coffee. Accelerated the heart rate, stimulated the CNS, in other words kept you awake.

After working 7 midnight shifts, we would often give each other shots of the same cocktail if we were planning of driving long distances. It kept you awake and pseudo alert, if not a little squirrely. Then as it wore off, you'd crash, but by then you were already at your destination as the cocktail was good for about 10 hours.

After several days of partying, little or no sleep, and a injections, I hit the road to travel from Mississippi to Michigan. I was keyed up!

It started snowing lightly and about half-way there, traveling down the road at 60 mph, I saw a little 5 inch elfish creature crawl over the front edge of my hood, buffetted by the wind, and up to my windshield, pressing his face on the glass looking in.

"My God," I said to myself, "I'm having a hallucination!" But the little guy heard me and shook his head no. I turned on the radio, opened the window and let the winter air hit me till I was chilled, but the little guy didn't go away.

I was in complete control of my mental faculties, knew this was impossible, but there he stood. A few miles down the road I saw a rest stop and knew I had to pull over. I did, finally coming to a stop looking at the elf all along.

"I've got to go outside and see this myself," I said aloud. The elf shook his finger at me and shook his head negatively. I felt threatened and decided against it. I thought to myself that I'm losing my mind and need to nap, so I locked my doors, watched the gnomish creature intently and fell asleep.

I woke up a few hours later, having to go to the bathroom badly. I looked out the windshield and didn't see anything. Then I got out of my car. It had snowed lightly. I looked at the hood and didn't see any footprints. I finished my drive to Michigan without incidence.

But it was sooooooo real, and even though I knew I was flipping out and could process rational thought, my senses told me it was true.

Sleep deprivation...very strange indeed.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 68 - Executed queries : 8