x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Z50 and Linksys WCF12 CF Problems.....

Davedwiz
Davedwiz Page Icon Posted 2005-12-29 2:09 PM
#
From the Forum I know others have run into this mess!

I have Z50 Workpad ( HPC 3.0 Pro) & WCF12. I run Linksys install and get OK messages. When I reboot the Z50 I get message " PRISMATA.exe or components are not available". I have moved all driver files direct into the CE Windows Directory - I have moved all the components into various DIRs without any help.

Following some of the Forum Messages here, I have tried the WPC11NDS solution with some success. I manage to get an AD HOC connect but nothing for Infastructure. I have tried everything including your suggested PRISM Reference - I get the same message about PRISMATA unavailable.

I know there must be my ignorance about CE that is causing this problem. Please some guidance from others would be much appreciated.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-12-29 3:55 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

OK, some housekeeping.

1) I'm sure this isn't a problem, but you are attempting to use CE 2.11 drivers and not CE3.0 ones here, right?

2) The z50 uses R4000 drivers, not R3000 ones, you should ensure that you're installing the correct CAB

3) Be very sure that you are prperly uninstalling drivers in between attempts. Hard reset if necessary.

4) I think you mean PRISMSTA.exe
 Top of the page
Davedwiz
Davedwiz Page Icon Posted 2005-12-30 10:44 PM
#
You're dead on with your comments!

I deleted everything as outlined by others here in Forum. Took out ALL of the old drivers. Cut old references out of registry. Stripped all old references. Went to HPC Package 1.07.24.1025 - made certain to load MIPS drivers only. Still do not understand how or why it creates TWO SETS of DRIVERS@#!
BINGO! CF went active immediately.

Here's where I am now:
- ALL CF Card function appear to be working 100%
- 100% signal; AD HOC & Infastruct etc; channels switching etc.
- I see Z50 HPC when I do a separate network scan - shows ad hoc & Instrt.
- Belkin54g Router refuses to give me a DHCP - I populated communications
as SPECFIC IP & DNS etc.
- I did NOT spec in the WINS - where do I find the WINS addr??
- I can PING Router AOK - cannot PING other DHCP Clients on LAN.

Running Windows 2000 Professional SP4 ( fully updated & current) - Router reports two(2) other clients on LAN with DHCP - how do I see and address the Z50 HPC from Server/Clients? It almost seems as if I am missing something when trying to find the HPC from the Router. Whish is the best suggested method of access from Windows 2000? Why can't I get an address thru Router?

Gotta tell ya; HPS:Factor is my new hangout - you guys understand what is needed and where to find it - I am a FAN! Thanx much.
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-12-31 12:31 AM
#
H/PC Elder

I'll try to help.

Router: It's not unusual for the router to skip DHCP for a CE machine, as you've found. IMO, it depends on the make of router and the prism driver package in use. Hardcoding solves the issue.

Forget wins, I've never had a use for it. Just more overhead to deal with. You know the IP of your CE machine because you've hard coded it.

Drop the firewall , or create a rule allowing access from your LAN on your 2k machine and you should be able to access the shares to get at files and whatnot.

There's no real access to the CE machine (it doesn't support sharing) from other machines on the LAN. It's a client only unless you run a 3rd party web or ftp package. (Why would anyone want to? it's so limited and slow)

Welcome to the most interesting world and site for handheld computers!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-12-31 9:13 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I recommend that if possible you performa an ActiveSync backup and try it again with a hard reset under your belt. Just to see if it can address the DHCP server correctly.

Secondly, try installing the Drivers update from the H/PC Pro SP1 set - I DONT recommend you install all of SP1 and certainly urge you not to install the CE OS Update from SP1 as it will break the z50's PIE version.
http://www.hpcfactor.com/qlink/?linkID=32

Also this is useful if you do not yet have it:
http://www.hpcfactor.com/qlink/?linkID=36
 Top of the page
Davedwiz
Davedwiz Page Icon Posted 2006-01-06 11:46 AM
#
Quite an experience....
HPC Symptoms.....
I have populated CF with specific IP info; I can PING the router easily; I see excellent signal & SSID info is OK etc: WPA & security to Router appears to be working as well; no DHCP to the HPC..

Server side......
I can SCAN and see the HPC IN the Router in BOTH AD HOC & INFASTR. modes; I see HPC in MY NETWORK on BOTH Win2000 machines & one Win98SE machine; I disabled virtually all security settings in Windows 2000 SP4 Professional; cannot address the HPC; will NOT Map the HPC drive, but the Icon sits there telling me that I am on network. I have e-mailed BELKIN 3 times asking for latest Firmware updates to my Router, and of course they do nothing. The downloads on Belkin site are useless.

At this point I am going to go and have Cafe Au Lait at local coffe joint with a HOTSPOT and see if that works. I read on Microsoft Knowledge that Windows 2000 SP4 et al have problem with a number of CF wireless cards - driver related. They say that Orinoco is compatible....that maybe my only solution.

Would trying RDP be easier or simpler than all the Services setup in 2000?

Oh well....
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 11