x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

SAN DISK CONNECT PLUS 128 MB AND WIFI 802.11B

Ceya Page Icon Posted 2005-12-29 8:52 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Who has tried this WiFI / CF combo?

I think it is good to go and it goes around $80.00.

I am going to use it for my Smart Book G138 which only use Compact Flash.

S.F.,
CEYA!

Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-12-29 9:56 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Yeah that's what I have stuck in my Smartbook all the time

The driver uses Zero Config in CE4, which works quite well, despite being a bit too simplistic. Unlike the Linksys adapters tho, the Sandisk cannot be turned off by software; you have to pull it if you want to save power. I think I had posted my experiences on it in another thread before - go search for it
 Top of the page
Ceya Page Icon Posted 2006-01-06 8:33 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Have you tried Socket wifi compact flash card.

Another question for the Smartbook, How do you use the internal mic?

I am looking for the 110-220 volt ac adapter since I have the adapter for England and Europe. Any oher info on this computer will be helpful.

S/ F,
CEYA!

Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-01-07 7:18 PM
#
H/PC Elder

I don't have a Socket wifi card, so no.

I never tried the internal mic; never needed to. I'll try to find what software can actually use it haha... Since the Smartbook has built-in GSM, I figured they must have voice call software that uses the mic or the audio input jack.

I have a really old and bulky converter, but I guess you could try something smaller like this:
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062421&cp=2032056.2032136.2032156&pg=2&parentPage=family
 Top of the page
Ceya Page Icon Posted 2006-01-11 12:06 AM
#
H/PC Elite

do u have the usb driver for the smartbook?

S/F,
CEYA!
 Top of the page
Ceya Page Icon Posted 2006-01-11 12:07 AM
#
H/PC Elite

WELL I GOT THE SANDISK AND SOCKET LP ,IT IS THE NEW BLUE WITH 2 LIGHTS.

S/F,
CEYA!

Edited by Ceya 2006-01-11 12:11 AM
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-01-12 11:12 PM
#
H/PC Elder

I have the driver of course, otherwise I couldn't sync.

If you really want I can upload it here. I would have to fish out the CD again tho... which, considering my laziness, could take days

Here's a link to the official download from Book Digital. For some unknown reason, it's going extremely slow for me. (My best theory for this is still Chinese gov't censorship on all their internet connections... but it could also be plain bad routing.)
http://www.e683.com/en/htm/support_downloads/download_show.asp?id=39#

I actually downloaded all the G138 files while I was in Hong Kong (much faster than doing that here in Canada). So I'll contact C:Amie and see if he wishes to host those files.
 Top of the page
Ceya Page Icon Posted 2006-01-12 11:40 PM
#
H/PC Elite

takwu - 2006-01-12 11:12 PM

I have the driver of course, otherwise I couldn't sync.

If you really want I can upload it here. I would have to fish out the CD again tho... which, considering my laziness, could take days

Here's a link to the official download from Book Digital. For some unknown reason, it's going extremely slow for me. (My best theory for this is still Chinese gov't censorship on all their internet connections... but it could also be plain bad routing.)
http://www.e683.com/en/htm/support_downloads/download_show.asp?id=39#

I actually downloaded all the G138 files while I was in Hong Kong (much faster than doing that here in Canada). So I'll contact C:Amie and see if he wishes to host those files.

THE REASON I ASKED WAS E683 (DIGITAL BOOK) DOWNLOADS WAS NOT WORKING AND I BEEN EMAILING BACK AND FORTH TO GET SOME INFO AND SUPPORT FROM THEM. THEY ARE AWESOME IN THE SUPPORT DEPARTMENT.

I NEVER GOT THE USB SO I CANNOT SYNC AND OTHER SITES THAT HAVE IT IS DOWN ALSO.

IF THAT CAN HAPPEN IT WOULD BE GREAT. MICROFT SUCKS IN THE USB DRIVER SUPPORT DEPT..THEY NO LONGER HAVE THE DRIVER ONLINE BUT YOU CAN GET EVERYTHING ELSE ABOUT CET 4.2.

S/F,
CEYA!

Edited by Ceya 2006-01-12 11:52 PM
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-01-13 2:14 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Here's the driver from the CD that came with my Smartbook. Works perfectly with both AS 4.1 and 3.8

First unzip it. Then when you connect the Smartbook to USB, you have to choose to locate the driver manually (where you unzipped the files). The driver is not "signed" by Microsoft, so you need to ignore a warning to install it (click "Continue Anyway" ). Enjoy!

Edited by takwu 2006-01-13 2:19 AM

Attachments
----------------
Attachments usb.zip (19KB - 13 downloads)
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2006-01-13 9:19 AM
#
H/PC Elder

ceya, try not to write in CAPS ... its you know ... LOUD!

takwu, I doubt its because of China censorship ... me thinks its more because of US/UK limiting the CN->US/UK bandwidth!

I think China is probably censoring, but on what Chinese in China can see outside of china ... though the reverse could be true as well.

Google and all other search engines are "censoring" what we see in a sense as well. Depending on how their search engines trawl or something, some sites that exist in other countries may never quite get a chance to surface, or be up in the search list. In that way, sites are "censored" into obscurity.

ok, back to ConnectPlus ... its going for $30 or so the last I checked.

EDIT:
$24.24 shipped by Globe2000 on pricegrabber
http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=845844/search=sandisk+wifi

oh and on eBay is going cheap too search "sandisk wifi"
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2006-01-13 12:04 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I grabbed one off ebay about a week ago for $11.00 and im using it in my WiBook
With the Windows mobile 2003 drivers...Works fine so far...
 Top of the page
Ceya Page Icon Posted 2006-01-13 11:19 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I will ease up with the caps. I gave up years ago with the "loud" thing.

There is something wrong with my laptop since I tried the download and nothing. I gave away my 2ghz to a realitive so I will try my other one that is getting a new motherboard.

S/F<
CEYA!
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 13