x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Ubinetics GC2001 Jornada 720 Problem

Spymaster Page Icon Posted 2005-12-30 2:21 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

I have installed Mobile Tools on my Jornada. The software recognises that the Ubinetics card is present but when initiating comes up with an error message stating port already open. I have triede assigning specific communication ports as opposed to auto and resetting my device but get the same error message. I have removed by Socket Bluetooth software to free up ports that may have been used by it but again same error message.

How do I check which ports are avaailable and how do I enable ones that may be assigned to other processes. I do not use the interal modem - is it possible to reassign its com port.

I am struggling here and would appreciate any help anyone may be able to offer.

The Mobile Tools Version is 1.4.3

Many thanks

Craig
 Top of the page
Spymaster Page Icon Posted 2005-12-31 11:11 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Hi folks I seem to be a bit further on. I did a hard reset and no longer get the error message so I am assuming the mobile tools software has found an available comms port. I am now faced with ascreen with an entry box and the word initialising above it. There are 2 lights on the Ubinetics card a red and a green. They flash when the card is inserted but then stop. A slow green flashing light indicates a connection - I dont have this.

Do I need to enter an initialisation string into the box?

From reading other entries I see that some of you have managed to get this card to work on a Jornada 720

Any thoughts?

Best wishes Craig
 Top of the page
DeathDeal
DeathDeal Page Icon Posted 2006-01-03 5:52 AM
#
Maybe your late problem is due to improper input of the sim card into the slot of the pcmcia. Doublecheck it. It happened to me once. As for mobile tools I used version 1.5.1 hpc2000 port. Works fine, no probs etc. If u try to install ppc version u'll get a hard reset demand . And of course for the card to find your network have the antenna connected . The entry box is for the nubmers or commands you want to dial.

Edited by DeathDeal 2006-01-03 5:58 AM
 Top of the page
Spymaster Page Icon Posted 2006-01-04 3:28 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Hi, I have installed mobile tools 1.5.1 and checked the position of my Sim card. The mobile tools software seems to find the com port OK but the phone icons remain grey and the red heart does not flash. The dialler box above the red heart has a test label above it "Initialise" and a series of ...... move along the top of the dialler box til it reaches the end and then starts from . again. The manual states the red heart should be flashing in order to make a call and the phone handset icons should be red. Any suggestions would be welcome as this is doing nothing for my blood pressure. I bought the Ubinetics card from Expansys when they were first launched for the Jornada a number of years ago for a hefty price tag of £200 and have never yet managed to get it to function in my Jornada It seems others on HPCFactor have managed which is all the more frustrating!

Many thanks

Craig
 Top of the page
DeathDeal
DeathDeal Page Icon Posted 2006-01-04 10:37 PM
#
some tips from expansys:
    NO CARRIER when trying to make a voice/data call
    This means one of the following.
    * Not enough signal strength.
    * SIM card not Data enabled.
    * Wrong number.
    * Not connected to a network.

Some hints and tips for trouble shooting a data connection
    * Try a different location where there is more signal strength.
    * Try a different SIM which has a different provider.
    * Disable the PIN number completely, sometimes if there is a delay in entering the PIN number the card gets confused!
    * Make sure that the card is data enabled.
    * Make sure that the baud rate is 19200 in the Modem settings, it will
    not work with any other baud rate.

Orange SIM cards
    We have a known issue with new Orange SIM cards, they have come out with Java enabled SIM cards, this will not work with the GC201.

More info u can find here. In my case the card worked at once so I can't think of anything else.
 Top of the page
Spymaster Page Icon Posted 2006-01-07 3:57 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Problem sorted! Ubinetics card was duff. I bought a new one from Expansys at a greatly reduced price from the original and it works fine with both vodafone and orange pay as you go cards.

Craig
 Top of the page
oski Page Icon Posted 2006-01-20 6:02 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Hi Craig,

Are you using the GC201 for internet browsing on top of fone calls? With the Vodafone pay-as-you-go Sim?

Many thanks,

oski
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 12