x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Screenwriting Software for HPCs?

gorgon5 Page Icon Posted 2005-12-30 8:01 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Hi folks, I'm wondering if anyone has any tips for screenwriting software for HPCs. Ideally you'd be able to use the same app on your HPC and desktop and just sync the files.

Old DOS versions should work with PocketDOS, but I haven't been able to find any.

I've found a project that uses Mozilla called Celtx...maybe maybe would work if we could get Minimo on a J720?
 Top of the page
wildbill Page Icon Posted 2005-12-30 8:51 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

gordon5

I've been using Calligrapher handwriting recognition software for several years on my old Jornada 680. If you do a google search of either Calligrapher or I think its Phatware Software they have a free 30 day trial. Depending on the Handheld you use-I have a Jornada 720 (works on 680) as well-I intend to buy Version 6.6. They have a special on their software for the next 3 days only at $12.95 each. I plan to take advantage of this pricing.
Hope this helps-if you can't find the url-I can get it for you.

wildbill
 Top of the page
gorgon5 Page Icon Posted 2005-12-30 9:14 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Oh, thanks for the reply wildbill, but I should have been more specific. What I'm looking for is movie script writing software. I definitely wouldn't want to write one of those by hand!
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2005-12-31 3:56 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I knew what you meant. I don't recall seeing anything like that in my extensive searches for CE software, but the concept seems perfect for the H/PC. Some of the visitors to this site have written apps for H/PC; maybe some enterprising soul out there would be interested in designing such an app. (I personally have no knowledge of software development, but it seems to me it wouldn't be too difficult a project for someone who knows how.)
 Top of the page
bobbarker
bobbarker Page Icon Posted 2005-12-31 8:25 PM
#
Really the best thing would probably be doing a remote desktop connection to a PC with Final Draft (is it 7 by now?) and just working with that.

I'm sure if you got an open source (C++ or possibly VB) you could compile it on your own to work with HPCs.

Or if you used Pocket Word with some good templates that could work.
 Top of the page
gorgon5 Page Icon Posted 2006-01-01 2:55 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I wouldn't want to be tethered to an internet connection to do a remote desktop. Loses some of the advantages of having a portable HPC, IMHO.

Celtx is open source, but I don't know anything about programming. I know it uses the same Mozilla package as Firefox, thus my thoughts about Minimo. Any programmers wanna look into it?

Templates don't work with Pocket Word, but I'm getting TextMaker to check that avenue out...
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.160 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 10