x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

New Years Resolutions

torch Page Icon Posted 2005-12-31 6:25 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Hello,

Some of you, I am sure probably have some New Years resolutions...
Here are some of my handheld ones: -Get an HPC2000 device
-Get CalliGrapher in PhatWare's sale
-Buy an ethernet and wireless card...

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-31 8:00 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

hmm, you mean hpc related things?
well, get the intermec cleared at customs at last
get a sig2 and MP700
finally a 1 GB SD for the sig3 at last.
other than that... i dont know

edit: oh well i remembered another one, figure out the problem with the 750C or get the other 750C back..
the others are working ok, thank god.

Edited by cmonex 2005-12-31 8:06 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2005-12-31 9:10 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Well, it's 2006 where you are already. H/PC New Year, cmonex (and C:Amie, chiark, Wessex_nut, fragenmensch, and all the rest of you in Europe)!
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-01-01 12:12 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

cmonex - 2005-12-31 6:00 PM

hmm, you mean hpc related things?

Nah, it can be anything
EDIT: My goal is to get 900 posts before New Year

Edited by tenjeangosi 2006-01-01 12:16 AM
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-01-01 5:44 AM
#
H/PC Elder

No more new hpcgear except my pending 720 or a dirt cheap Sig III. Build & tweak images for all my units to instant restore capabability.

Learn a little more about what i own as opposed to buying new near.

Otherwise, live my life as normal. Try to helo others when I can, love and respect my family , friends, cats and other assorted wildfile. G0 flying every chance I can, perhaps on some faily long trips for a change. Bo more concious that time lost is gone forever.

Top of the page
Wessex_nut Page Icon Posted 2006-01-01 1:45 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

A resolution and a 2 targets (only because of my equipment):
Resolution:
- Get a decent job, not a voulenteer job (I say that every year and don't get far!)
And then, once I have completed the resolution, my targets are:
- Replace the desktop (3yrs old P4 2.4) for a shuttle PC
- Replace Overloard (Various Reasons - Overlord is now 4 1/2 years old, the other one will be 2 soon enough - Manufacture date is unknown though, but P-M 1.6 2mb cache is rougthly how old?) with a cheap laptop (SiS riddled laptop, Mirage/Intel Extreme Graphics).
- Use Anna as primary laptop and add a supplimentry laptop (High performance - Dell XPS sort.)
You may ask, why a shuttle PC with 3 laptops?
The Shuttle PC, because I have soo little space in this room, my computer is now residing in a rack above the desk I work on, a rack case would be an excellent idea, but.... well, I may demostrate at Warley this year, so a portable desktop that I can lug around everywhere (We worked on laptops last year!) would be an excellent idea. I have the monitor, keyboard, mouse, but not the case.

the 2 laptops in addition to the older 3rd laptop, this is how I'll work it out:

- Overlord is getting old, it is in good working order, but that is not the problem.
What is, is the declining cosmetic condition, the back of the LCD has 2 crack in it. A large one by the left hinge, the other smaller crack by the right hinge and this also makes the LCD very floppy. It is running XP, but it will not run Vista, because it is a P3 1ghz computer.
OTOH, it has had 1 replacement battery in the last year and a half (October 2004), and the LCD has bee stripped down and rebuilt, but it has had its classical flickering backlight problem returning. Because of the mentioned reasons, I consider Overlord as non-sellable.
- Anna:
Will be my primary laptop for some time, the eventual idea is to upgrade to 2gb of RAM and 2.23ghz processor. Because it is my only Trainz laptop, I'll be keeping her for sometime to come. The next majour priority is a longer lasting battery.
- Overlords replacement:
A cheap laptop, not because for the heck of it, but because it is to prove that Trainz will run on anything, people have problems running Trainz on cheap laptops, the idea is to troubleshoot these problems and explain to future customers of the product (but I contribute to it, another laptop also means I got one to fall back on, should anything happen).
- The one to work alongside Anna:
As you all know my work involves 3D graphics, the only Major problem is that the more complex the model, the slower the computer becomes. This can be aleviated if you have better graphics cards, CPUs and RAM, but Anna was purchased off eBay second hand. A top of the range computer though, means I wont go everywhre with it (it'll be too heavy).

IF this goes ahead, my PCs should remain pretty much stable for 2 or more years, although, the average lifespan of a laptop tends to be 2 years and 4 years for a desktop with minor upgrading.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2006-01-01 2:47 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

My New Year resolution: Drop about 40 pounds so when I stand and look down I can see something besides a vast barren and round horizon...I'd like to see the trees again....metaphorically

Rich
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2006-01-01 7:09 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

1. Stop slacking off.

2. Get some work done.

3. Get a job.

4. Learn to program. (At least in C)
 Top of the page
Jump to forum: