x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Don't buy BSquare PowerhandHeld from Ebay...

tcb2k4 Page Icon Posted 2006-01-01 1:52 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

For all of u who is thinking to buy Bsquares from Ebay at low price, i warn them, think it twice, cos my experience is really bad.
I bought 2 Bsquares, and neither one works ok, The former doesn't see the battery, so even if take it connected all the night to the charger, as soon as i take it of from the basis, it doesn't switch on.
The latter, has the basis that doesn't work, once i put the bsquare on it, nothing happens.

But the most iportant thing is that i emailed Bsquare, and the just answer me, sorry no more assistance for this Hpc

I don't know ho you call this, but in my country this is called swindle!
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-01-01 5:29 AM
#
H/PC Elder

I'm sorry to hear your experiences. Read the listings carefully. Buyer protection may apply, provided you didn't buy "as-is, where is"

A respectable established vendor advertising working non-DOA goods will usually go the mile to help you out.

Please don't give up until you've tried all avenues.
 Top of the page
Spymaster Page Icon Posted 2006-01-16 2:53 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

I have just today received a copy of bUseful utilities pack purchased on Ebay. Total cost including shipping to UK was $31.00. The item was still sealed in original wrapping. It does not like running from Win XP but loaded with absolutely no problems fron a PC running Windows Millenium Ed. It was purchased from Kingsbooks.

Craig
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-16 6:26 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

tcb2k4 - 2006-01-01 7:52 AM

For all of u who is thinking to buy Bsquares from Ebay at low price, i warn them, think it twice, cos my experience is really bad.
I bought 2 Bsquares, and neither one works ok, The former doesn't see the battery, so even if take it connected all the night to the charger, as soon as i take it of from the basis, it doesn't switch on.
The latter, has the basis that doesn't work, once i put the bsquare on it, nothing happens.

But the most iportant thing is that i emailed Bsquare, and the just answer me, sorry no more assistance for this Hpc

what did you ask from bsquare? don1t ask them for warranty. if you bought the bsquare from berlin-shop who gives two years of warranty or something, ask them to replace your bsquare. they did it for me without any problems, when my first one had a non fully functional keyboard. second one has been ok for two months now.

ive emailed bsquare about the master password and they replied immediately. password worked just fine.

the battery problems aren't unique sadly, because these units were sitting for over 1 year before being sold on ebay.. you can get the battery replaced with a mitac mio 168 pocketpc's battery even though that gives you less capacity.

what is a "basis"? not sure i understand. thanks

all in all, don't think i completely disagree with you. i do think there are a few defective bsquare's out there possibly because it is something like a clearance now that's going on ebay. these units were sitting in a warehouse for years maybe and no one tested them, just bought them in bulk to resell them on ebay.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-17 5:26 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

hum... quite a few defective ones eh...
a little (and new) story... a friend of mine bought a bsquare from ebay (from berlin-shop), a few months ago, worked fine, he sold it then (found out he needed a laptop more), i helped him sell it, and noted its IMEI number in the process then another pda friend of mine bought it, after a while, i mean after many other people used it... but i could easily identify it by its IMEI. how funny... then the story.. after one week its phone module stopped working. wheew.
that makes four defective bsquare's i know of, my first one, this, then the third bsquare's battery suddenly lost its capability to provide higher currents (e.g. gprs, wlan). he wouldn't send it back to berlin-shop, instead got a mitac mio battery the fourth bsquare just has a dead battery (happened after a few days or weeks). it won't supply any current (again this is a new case).
all problems happened within 1-2 months, so if my bsquare doesn't develop any abnormalities within an additional 1-2 months i won't worry any more (i've just started worrying)

Edited by cmonex 2006-01-17 5:30 PM
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-01-17 8:41 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Monica, thanks for the advice. I looked on ebay and was tempted to get a maui for fun but:

1. Vodaphone branded models don't work in NA (so said the vendor)
2. My comfort level is low reading about the many problems people have.

That's OK, I'll save my pennies for a clean Sig III.

edit: Any idea why the bsqaure was disco'd? Poor sales, bugs?

Edited by wallythacker 2006-01-17 8:45 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-17 9:29 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

they're all vodafone, but they're unlocked, the problem is that they don't work at 1900 Mhz or whatever you have there, i forgot. they work at 900/1800.

someone said MS sued bsquare for the XP style GUI and of course poor sales. but it isn't buggy at all in my experience.

the hardware problems might be because these devices might have been just dumped and no one tested them...

Edited by cmonex 2006-01-17 9:30 PM
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-01-18 2:30 PM
#
H/PC Elder

First of all, cmonex, let me correct an earlier comments of yours - The PHH was released just about 2 years ago, so they couldn't have been stored for "years"... well 2 years at most.

As for its failure... to be honest I do not think any CE.net device has really succeeded. Everyone was (and still is) buying Pocket PC, especially at the time PPC has matured into WM2003. It is my opinion that if bSquare updated the PHH to WM2003SE, which supports VGA resolution and landscape orientation, the unit would sell much better.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-18 3:02 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

takwu - 2006-01-18 8:30 PM

First of all, cmonex, let me correct an earlier comments of yours - The PHH was released just about 2 years ago, so they couldn't have been stored for "years"... well 2 years at most.

please read my posts again

i wrote this:

"the battery problems aren't unique sadly, because these units were sitting for over 1 year before being sold on ebay.."

not that it matters

we agree on the reason of the failure. but i wouldn't buy it if it were pocketpc as that means no native vga by default etc etc. so whatever. each to their own
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-01-18 6:26 PM
#
H/PC Elder

OOOPS

that's what happens when too many things in my head at once, lol
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 10