x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

TRADE (NA) My 24 Spectrum CF wifi for your CF wifi

wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-01-01 7:24 AM
#
H/PC Elder

I've I offered this before but things change.
I have a mint fully functional Spectrum 24 Symbol CF card with pacjkage and driers. I can confirm it works on ce.211, hpc/pro. hpck2, ppc2002 and Windows98 ( and 2k & XP are supported IIRC. the spectrum allows supports kerberos (I've never tried it.)

It's a tiny b speed Type I card and barely extends from the slot. It has a link light whch blinks faster as the dara rate risies. It has site survey and some other nice driver goodies. It use 140ma or less on transmit, so it's really frugral with power.

So why`do I want to part with such a wonder? I'm committed to having all prism based pcncia cards for simplicity sakes.I'm so comfortable with my prisms I can configure them in my sleep.

I'd ideally like to get another Prism CF card, brand is not important, Linksys, Netgear, Hawking, whatever so long as it works. CF Type I is my first chice.

I'l also entertain my 24 spectrum for a couple low end 16 bit prism based pcmcia cards. Or my Symbol for a 16 bit prism pcmcia card and a decent sized sd/cf working flash card (any brand.)

Anyone getting the Spectrm will appreciate the low power draws, profiless and site itulities. And I hopefully have more prism cards for consisteny on my end.

PM me here if you have anyquestions. Br patient, sometimes I forget tovcheck my PM

Perhaps both of us can come out ahead

Edited by wallythacker 2006-01-01 7:28 AM
 Top of the page
Pete P. Page Icon Posted 2006-01-01 3:44 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

What chipset does this one have in it? Does it accept an external antenna?
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-01-01 7:48 PM
#
H/PC Elder

I *think* Symbol themselves made the chipset. My Intel 2011B pccard has the same chipset, interestingly enough.

I don't know about an external antenna. The pod that protrudes from the hpc is very small so I doubt there's an antenna connector inside.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-01 10:52 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

isn't it the same as socket wifi? i don't know, there are a few spectrum versions. but if it is like socket that would be very cool.

too bad i need my prism, as i'm afraid the symbol wouldn't work under CE 2
and i just sold the other prism
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-01-01 11:39 PM
#
H/PC Elder

I dunno. Is Socket the same outfit as Symbol/Spectrum? Perhaps I should play with socket drivers just for fun. Socket is renowned for very low power draw, correct?
 Top of the page
Pete P. Page Icon Posted 2006-01-04 1:22 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I coulld probobly use it for my laptop, but I do very much prefer Orinoco compatability.... I Stumble as well as surf; I could use the low-power of the card but I'm not sure....... I just got a LPE CF card for wired surfing... it made a huge difference.... I dont know!!!
 Top of the page
Ceya Page Icon Posted 2006-01-06 8:44 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I have a question on this topic , does the Socket Wifi CF work with Win CE 4.2?

I am about to get one and just want to know for sure for the Smartbook I have now and the MPro 900c I am getting soon.

S / F,
CEYA!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-06 9:16 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Ceya - 2006-01-07 2:44 AM

I have a question on this topic , does the Socket Wifi CF work with Win CE 4.2?

I am about to get one and just want to know for sure for the Smartbook I have now and the MPro 900c I am getting soon.

S / F,
CEYA!

i think it should... socket certainly support ce.net usually, i don't think this setup of ce.net 4.2 and socket wlan would be an exception. but you need to find their ce.net driver. i have only the bsquare ce.net driver for their sd wlan and the ce.net bluetooth driver both for sd and cf.
but just about any plain prism card will work with ce.net 4.2
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-01-12 2:05 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Update, I did a local deal and swapped my Spectrum 24 for a Dlink dcf-660. So I'm quite happy. I was hopoing to get a cf wifi rather than a pcmcia (more flexible to me).

The trader wanted extremely low power and a way to determine how fast the wifi data was moving. (The Spectrum LED will flash faster when the data rate increased, a really nice touch. I wish all vendors followed this course.)

So two new happy people in mid-Ontario tonight. Now, being a little compulsive, I 'd like to have all Belkin f5d6020 v1 cards. (I have one of those, a WPC11 2.5, and a Netgear MA401.)

It's up to you. If you have a belkin f5d6020 pcmcia v1 card (single led ) and like Linksys or Netgear more we can trade.

I should have cleaned out the source two summers ago when the belkins were going for $14.95. I didn't know I'd end up with a zillion hpcs at the time. So I added wifi cards piecemeal.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 47 - Executed queries : 29