x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

cmetz
cmetz Page Icon Posted 2006-01-02 10:49 AM
#
New to HPC world - bought a Jornada 720 a couple of months ago and finally have a PDA that is a delight as well as works for me - wish that I had been aware of it sooner.

Can anyone advise on IE inability to open secure Web sites. Assume I'm missing a setting or workaround somewhere but haven't seen a fix in my searching. Used NetFront 3.3 for a bit BTW using workaround seen here and worked well - had no problems with https on it. However, it now advises me that the trial period has ended and guess will have to wait until it is actually released. Thanks for help.

Chuck

Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-01-02 10:53 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Have you applied the 128 bit security update available here? It resolves some sites, however, you will find many sites reject IE4 with no explanation. Consider yourself fortunate if your bank allows IE4 access.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-02 11:16 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

never heard of the IE reg hack huh?
 Top of the page
cmetz
cmetz Page Icon Posted 2006-01-02 11:33 AM
#
Downloaded it - will have to wait until I can sync at the office tomorrow though. Will let you know. Thanks.
 Top of the page
cmetz
cmetz Page Icon Posted 2006-01-02 11:43 AM
#
Newbie says it all . . . <g>
 Top of the page
cmetz
cmetz Page Icon Posted 2006-01-03 10:51 PM
#
Applied the patch -- as you say, some sites work and some don't. Can live with it. Thanks for the advice.

Chuck
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-03 11:17 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

you can try netfront too

and try the IE reghack to change the user agent to IE 6.0 and WinXP (search for it)
 Top of the page
chasmanor
chasmanor Page Icon Posted 2006-01-04 9:37 AM
#
I did the 128 bit patch. Then I used Tweaks2K2 internet tweak to make my Jornada pass as IE6. However, I am having a problem. When I am at certain secure sites, some of the dropdown windows don't display properly. Does anyone know what would cause this?
 Top of the page
bobbarker
bobbarker Page Icon Posted 2006-01-06 7:23 PM
#
Some drop down menus are done in JavaScript or Java, and just as the fact of the 720 having IE4, the Java isn't the newest either. Just a matter of age.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 8