x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Hook EM Horns!!!.... Yeah!!!

1 2
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2006-01-05 12:48 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

The University of Texas Longhorns just won the national title over the USC Trojans!!! WOOOOHOOOO!!!
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-01-05 1:32 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I'm an SC alum (graduated between Charles White and Marcus Allen) and I told everyone that the bookmakers were idiots favoring SC by 7. Great game, but what in the world was Pete Carroll thinking on 4th and 2 up by 5? Punt, punt, punt, pleeeeeaaaase! (Then that bonehead face mask on a 3rd and 12 handing the Longhorns a first down.) Remember, this is the same team that almost lost to Fresno State, and maybe should have lost to Notre Dame. Still, I'm soooo depressed that my alma mater didn't become the first three-time national champion.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-01-05 11:45 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

For those of us who have no idea what you're talking about, please enlighten us.

Complete this phrase everybody:
The University of Texas Longhorns just won the national title in...

Picking the codename of the next version of Windows?
Dancing around in pink tutu's?
Eating the most pickled eggs in a minute?
Thumb War?

Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2006-01-05 12:43 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

C:Amie - 2006-01-05 10:45 AM

For those of us who have no idea what you're talking about, please enlighten us.

Dancing around in pink tutu's?
Eating the most pickled eggs in a minute?
Thumb War?

LOL
Sorry FOOTBALL! It is a big deal for us here in Austin, and all over Texas.
 Top of the page
clintonfitchdotcom Page Icon Posted 2006-01-05 1:24 PM
#
Avatar image of clintonfitchdotcom
H/PC Elite

A couple of observations from what could be the greatest college football game ever played....

What in the world was USC thinking on going for it on 4-and-2 that late in the game?

Vince Young is the best college football player today - period. I understand I'm from Texas (live in Dallas) and understand that I'm bias - but he got screwed out of the Heisman this year bacause of the fact that there is a media bias against the Longhorns ( insert black helicopters here ).

Did USC forget how to play middle defense? I mean, with less than a minute to go, I would think you would go into a Prevent defense mode that would resemble the Great Wall of China.... Instead, it looked like a New Orleans levey....

Top of the page
clintonfitchdotcom Page Icon Posted 2006-01-05 1:29 PM
#
Avatar image of clintonfitchdotcom
H/PC Elite

Yoldering - 2006-01-05 11:43 AM

LOL
Sorry FOOTBALL! It is a big deal for us here in Austin, and all over Texas.

That'd be American Football... not Soccer as we in the Colonies call it....
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-01-05 3:32 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

C:Amie - 2006-01-05 8:45 AM

This was one case where I was rooting for trojans to infiltrate the Longhorn.
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2006-01-05 5:12 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

clintonf3 - 2006-01-05 12:24 PM

A couple of observations from what could be the greatest college football game ever played....

What in the world was USC thinking on going for it on 4-and-2 that late in the game?

Vince Young is the best college football player today - period. I understand I'm from Texas (live in Dallas) and understand that I'm bias - but he got screwed out of the Heisman this year bacause of the fact that there is a media bias against the Longhorns ( insert black helicopters here ).

Did USC forget how to play middle defense? I mean, with less than a minute to go, I would think you would go into a Prevent defense mode that would resemble the Great Wall of China.... Instead, it looked like a New Orleans levey....

USC just got too full of them-selves. I about laughed out a lung when at the end of the game Matt Lienard (USC's Quarterback) said USC was still the better team. I thought the game would be over when there were 6 minutes left and we were down by 12 pts, and I can't believe the went for it on 4th down either... Today was a great day! All weekend the UT tower will be lit in orange lights, with a #1 lit in the windows on all four sides. It is quite a seen.
Here is a page that tells the story http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/3566492.html and no, the photo is not of me, nor do I know who it is. I will try to take a photo tomorrow night.

Edited by Yoldering 2006-01-05 5:18 PM

(UT tower.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments UT tower.jpg (23KB - 20 downloads)
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-01-05 11:13 PM
#
H/PC Elder

I saw the game and I was really entertained. The finish was amazing. The game reminded me of our Grey Cup game which was wildly unpredictable. (don't laugh, I believe exciting sports are just that regardless of who plays or the league they're in, from peewee to pro.)

Now, the Texas that won is not Texas A&M, yes?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-01-06 5:08 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I'm not laughing at Canadian football - frankly, I like some of the CFL rules, like giving the kicking team a point if its kickoff goes beyond the end zone. (There needs to be something in the NFL to compensate for the receiving team getting a free 20 yards.) I can't get used to the 110-yard span between goal lines, though.
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2006-01-06 5:34 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

wallythacker - 2006-01-05 10:13 PM

I saw the game and I was really entertained. The finish was amazing. The game reminded me of our Grey Cup game which was wildly unpredictable. (don't laugh, I believe exciting sports are just that regardless of who plays or the league they're in, from peewee to pro.)

Now, the Texas that won is not Texas A&M, yes?

Yes you are correct UT is not A&M, there is a huge rivalry. There is also Texas Tech, Texas State, and others with Texas in the name. I know it is does confuse people. Even people who live here.
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2006-01-08 3:33 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Here is the entire tower with #1 in the windows. The town is still going nuts.

(one.jpg)

(ut#1.bmp)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments one.jpg (9KB - 9 downloads)
Attachments ut#1.bmp (44KB - 8 downloads)
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2006-01-08 4:28 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Vince Young is going pro... I think he will make over $25,000,000 USD in signing and pay the first year. I think it is the best move for him. Because if he stayed and got hurt his last year at Texas he would be out and never make that money. It is sad he is leaving but Texas will do fine...
The interview is on every local channel here in Austin...

Edited by Yoldering 2006-01-08 4:30 PM
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2006-01-08 5:47 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Here in another one

(1toweraustin.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 1toweraustin.jpg (3KB - 9 downloads)
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-01-08 7:10 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Yoldering - 2006-01-08 1:28 PM

Vince Young is going pro...

He may well get picked by Houston over Reggie Bush, particularly if they need a quarterback. (. . . uh, let's see . . . 2-14? Yeah, they probably need anything they can get.) That'd actually be cool for him; he'd get to stay home. It'd really be an irony for Reggie to go there after all this.

Edited by CE Geek 2006-01-08 7:12 PM
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 73 - Executed queries : 11