x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

FS: (Resource) MP790 ROM

stftclmshell Page Icon Posted 2006-01-05 10:15 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

If anyone is looking for a mp790 rom, to upgrade their 780, there is one on Ebay.
This is the same seller I purchased mine from, several months ago.
He includes a lot of software and excellent instructions, as well as bsquare backup ready to load.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ROM-Upgrade-Kit-for-NEC-MobilePro-780-To-790-w-Software_W0QQitemZ5850557042QQcategoryZ38331QQtcZphotoQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
 Top of the page
patrick80639 Page Icon Posted 2006-01-05 11:43 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

It's so tempting! Sometimes I wish that USB driver for the 880 was never discovered, it'd make deciding to buy the upgrade so easy!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-01-05 11:46 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Moved to hpcBay & Title Changed
In the future I wont be so lenient... but it's a HPC:Factorised listing with my themes, so I'll make an exception.
 Top of the page
tomboyed Page Icon Posted 2006-01-05 12:44 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Would you like to share your experience with us here? How you actually did the upgrade of your MP780 rom to become MP790 rom?

I saw from the eBay link provided by you the seller has included a small board (look like Rom daughterboard). Do you mind telling us here what is this and how to fix into the MP780. Thank you.

Edited by tomboyed 2006-01-05 12:50 PM
 Top of the page
stftclmshell Page Icon Posted 2006-01-16 6:47 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Huh? I'm not selling the item, I saw it and remembered others were looking for one a few months back. Just delete the damn thing.
 Top of the page
woodnboats Page Icon Posted 2006-01-16 8:47 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

tomboyed - 2006-01-05 10:44 AM

Would you like to share your experience with us here? How you actually did the upgrade of your MP780 rom to become MP790 rom?

I saw from the eBay link provided by you the seller has included a small board (look like Rom daughterboard). Do you mind telling us here what is this and how to fix into the MP780. Thank you.

It's not hard at all, although Michael's instructions are a little bit incomplete. I pointed it out to him, and he said he was going to rewrite them. He's got a really good ebay rep, and these ROM's are getting REALLY scarce. I haunted ebay and the net for over a year until these came up last week

Essentially, you just backup your 780 with BSquare Backup, which he includes on the CD, remove the battery, remove the old ROM (his instructions have pictures), replace with the new ROM (your ARE practicing safe computer hacking, aren't you? Anti-static mat and all that?) reinstall the battery, and there you go. Just don't try to reinstall the old registry when you restore from your backup. Took me a couple of tries before the light bulb came on in my brain.

I'm not sure why he includes a backup file on his CD; it's not a backup of YOUR old unit; and personally, I HATE Gigabar, so use his backup or not as you choose.

I'm really satisfied with my new 790/780, if only for the Adobe Reader capability.

Anyone wanna buy my old Ansyr?

Kirk
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-01-16 8:57 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

woodnboats,

What is an Ansyr?
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-01-16 9:44 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Ansyr is a pdf reader. It's ok if Acrobat isn't an option.
 Top of the page
woodnboats Page Icon Posted 2006-01-16 9:45 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

tenjeangosi - 2006-01-16 6:57 PM

woodnboats,

What is an Ansyr?

Joseph:

Ansyr (Primer, actually) is software that can read Adobe files directly under WinCE 2.11 (and maybe earlier versions).

It's not as good as Adobe Reader, but Adobe only wrote their reader for WinCE 3.0 and above.

It's slower, expensive (as opposed to free for AR!) and not available anymore. The company got bought out about last August and the new owners took it off the market, about a week before I finally made up my mind to buy it! Fortunately, I was able to find a source on the 'net (Office Max, I think it was) which hadn't gotten the word, and were still selling it. But that source is gone now , too.

K
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-01-17 8:51 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Oh, I had a feeling you were talking about Ansyr Primer... I was not sure ... And yes you can still buy it here...
EDIT: Ansyr 2.3 works on CE 2.0...

Edited by tenjeangosi 2006-01-17 8:54 AM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 11