x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

NEC Mobilepro 900 and USB Data Storage Devices

hpeugeot Page Icon Posted 2006-01-07 10:05 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi everyone,

I was hoping to get some advice on using a USB storage device with a MP 900 (not C, ie running hpc2K). From reading through past posts I haven't been able to figure out if there are some standard drivers pre-installed for such devices, or if one must necessarily be installed. I tried connecting a MuVo USB (2.0)/MP3 player and was prompted for a dll. But I get the impression from reading that it may be trickier to get an MP3 player to connect than a typical USB stick. I haven't been able to get my hands on a normal USB stick to test out if it works on its own, so to speak.
So to bring try to bring my questions to a point:
1. is it necessary to install a driver for the MP 900 to get it to connect with a USB stick, or is it worth it to try as some basic drivers are pre-installed?
2. in case it is necessary to install, could someone describe the process of installing the driver. Is it as simple as copying the .dll to the proper folder? I downloaded the driver from the url posted by C:Amie in the thread "USB Data Storage Devices" (from www.softclub.jp), and see also that it was noted that registry settings may need to be added. Is there a regedit function to do this with?

In any case, I realise this is probably a simple issue and thanks in advance for any pointers; as may be apparent, I have run to the end of my fairly limited technical expertise and can't get this figured out with searching and reading (yet).
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-07 2:37 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

the MP900 (with hpc2000) doesn't have usb mass storage drivers built in, only hid (mouse). so for a usb stick or mp3 player, you need to install the clik drivers (i guess that's what you meant). never tried it myself as i have a 900C with cenet, but i'll try it soon on an Intermec.
anyway i see it is just a CAB file, copy it install it and that should be it... then when you plug something in and it asks for the driver name, enter USBclik no need to edit the registry (but you can if you want to, refer to this review: http://www.rothberger.net/pages/reviews/zx_celux300hc_english.shtml )
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 12