x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

MobilePro 900 AC Adapter Subsitute

BigChris
BigChris Page Icon Posted 2006-01-07 1:21 PM
#
I misplaced the AC adapter, and was wondering whether anyone has discovered a way to hard-wire the unit, or where to find a replacement AC adapter, or otherwise juryrig a power supply.

Any help here?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-07 2:23 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

it is quite standard afaik.. i don1t know much about these as i have the original ac adapter and never checked the connector.
but anything 1-2 A @ 12V with the right conenctor and polarity will be ok
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2006-01-07 4:06 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Like Monica stated, just buy a generic universal a/c adapter. 1000mAh rating is the best and they sell at Walmart for RadioShack for about $15-$20.

Center tip on the adapter is positive

Rich
 Top of the page
BigChris
BigChris Page Icon Posted 2006-01-08 7:10 PM
#
Thanks.
I found one a Radio Shack, but came home to check on the power specs before buying it. Good thing I did.
It turns out there are several references to the AC adapter's specs in the MobilePro 900 user's guide. One referring to output of 12 V and 2amps, another 9v and 1amp, and still the bottom of the unit has a third specification. I suppose I'll split the difference and choose 12v and 1500mA. I suppose it would be too much to ask which size adapter tip type (letter "O", "P", etc.) is appropriate. If I figure it out, I'll let you know.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-08 7:26 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

it needs 12V! try to get 2-2.5 A but 1.5 will be perfect too
 Top of the page
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2006-01-08 8:09 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

BigChris

If you want an AC Adapter that was actually made for your MP 900, then checkout Laptops For Less website, they sell one for 29 USD.

www.pdainternalbattery.com/pda-chargers/necchargers.html

Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 11