x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Jornada 620LX and Orinoco Silver

1 2
splurndificus
splurndificus Page Icon Posted 2006-01-09 12:35 PM
#
Hello all, I have jornada 620LX with wince 2.0sp1 and nsp and also the wlwce406 driver on it, I am having some trouble getting my orinoco silver wifi card working. When I go to the network icon in my computer, it only has the ne2000 driver as installed. I set everything to auto, and then I insert the card. No lights come on, but it asks for a driver and warns about batt. power anyway and then comes up with no ip, is there a place to put in an ssid or a wep key? Is there a reason no lights come on? Thanks in advance, I like to think I know a little about these things but I guess not, I got some vx utility so I can try to ping, is there an ipconfig utility or command that would work in the run box?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-01-09 1:26 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

You need to install a driver for the adapter. Head into the HCL and pull the related driver. Then you will have the SSID bits.
 Top of the page
splurndificus Page Icon Posted 2006-01-09 2:47 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks I feel like a retard now I put that in there and it worked as far as it installed; I still don't see where to put the ssid even when I open the utility but I will try from a hotspot or something and see if that works...
 Top of the page
splurndificus Page Icon Posted 2006-01-09 10:48 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

ok it didnt work. I cannot see where to find the ssid, and although all of the appropriate lights came on it seemed to still do nothing interesting. I decided to start from scratch. I removed the wlan driver after a few attempts, got rid of some other software, tried to remove the sp and nsp which I did not think would work so at least I was right in that, but now the goldurn thing wont sync! It comes up and says user authenticated and then the connection drops and the thing locks up. If I hard reset it will look like it is working and then do the same thing...is there any way to completely start over or any reason why it will not work? I am using activesync 3.8
 Top of the page
splurndificus Page Icon Posted 2006-01-10 12:00 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

OK I got it back to where it was yesterday. I yanked the batts (bofubm) and reinstalled the sp1 and the orinoco netinstall as well as the setup200.exe that I got from somewhere, prolly this site. I need to know what the driver name is tho, I got it a few minutes ago but every time I reinsert the card it asks for the driver and I cannot seem to get it to recognise wvlan, wvlan46, wvlan46.dll, chewbacca, or any other manner of intelligent and witty variations of wvlan I have come up with. I think if I can get the little lights blinking on this card again I will forget about trying to get an ssid and just leave it at that. Please let me know what the driver name is
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-01-10 1:21 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I believe it's wlwce406.dll.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-01-12 12:18 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Or I could be wrong.

Which ORiNOCO Silver is it? If it's the Classic (Agere), the WaveLAN driver should work and it shouldn't be asking you for a driver. If it's the Proxim ORiNOCO, I'm not sure it will work at all.
 Top of the page
splurndificus Page Icon Posted 2006-01-12 12:53 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I think it's the proxim Orinoco, I don't see agere anywhere on this, this is model pc24e-h-fc, I can get the lights to blink on and off but to no avail. Would the lights come on if it is proxim? And would it ask for drivers every time i put the card in? I am not out any money if this does not work, but I would still like it to do more than give off the impression that it's working...thanks in advance
 Top of the page
Snake
Snake Page Icon Posted 2006-02-11 11:22 AM
#
I have a 660LX and just bought the wireless card, the PC24e-h-fc. It DOES work.

Remove the WaveLAN card completely from the unit.

Warm reboot the 620LX.

Uninstall the NSP and the Orinoco drivers from the 620LX control panel - don't uninstall them from ActiveSync.

WARM REBOOT AFTER EACH UNINSTALL.

Load the cabs for the NSP and the WaveLAN drivers onto the 620LX either by copying them to a CF card or directly to the unit via Exploring when connected up via ActiveSync. In case you don't know those cabs can be found on your host computer at c:\program files\Microsoft ActiveSync\(subdirectory).

On the CE machine make a copy of each cab before running the software. You can make this copy into the same subdirectory. You do this because once run CE automatically deletes the cab - by making a copy you still have the original to run again if you need to (more convenient than having to copy all over again)

Double tap on each cab to rerun the installs, both the NSF and WaveLAN drivers.

WARM REBOOT.

Make sure your wireless AP has a DHCP space for the WaveLAN care to acquire then insert the WaveLAN card. If you have the SSID hidden for your AP you MUST manually enter the SSID profile information into the WaveLAN's control panel profile applet.

My only problem with my 660LX and my WaveLAN FC24E-H-FC right now is that I can't get it to email. I downloaded nPOP because my ISP needs SMTP AUTH and it seems to auth properly then stalls at the SEND BODY. I am beginning to wonder if it is a network stack problem, but I can't tell.

But so far it web surfs, receives email and ActiveSyncs awesome.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-11 1:35 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Snake - 2006-02-11 5:22 PM

I downloaded nPOP because my ISP needs SMTP AUTH and it seems to auth properly then stalls at the SEND BODY. I am beginning to wonder if it is a network stack problem, but I can't tell.

hmmmmm npop has a ce2.0 version? i didnt know.. cool.
 Top of the page
Snake
Snake Page Icon Posted 2006-02-11 2:39 PM
#
cmonex - 2006-02-11 1:35 PM

hmmmmm npop has a ce2.0 version? i didnt know.. cool.

Yep!

http://www.nakka.com/soft/npop/download/npop101ce20_eng.zip

OK folks! Here's the deal with the Orinoco PC24e-h-fc and the wlwce406 v4.06 driver.

IT DOESN'T WORK!!!!!!

I downloaded the v4.06 driver, removed my v4.04 driver, and installed the v4.06.

It broke the system so bad I had to do a hard reset and restore it (a bit of trouble in it's own right - do you know that if you keep the ActiveSync screen open on the palmtop it creates a sync error and the restore fails? Minimize the ActiveSync palmtop window and the backup actually runs That, and it helped if I put in my SSID & WEP and also removed the card, not simply reboot)

You must use it seems, on our HP's, the v4.04 drivers dated from the Winter 2000 CD-ROM (thank goodness I bought a unit still in the box from eBay!!!!!). If you need the v4.04 I can supply them. You'll have to hard reset like I did and reinstall the SP1 & NSP packs. Then install the v4.04 & set the network up.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-02-11 3:09 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

If you have the drivers, I will happily add them to the HCL driver library as an alternative download.
 Top of the page
Snake
Snake Page Icon Posted 2006-02-11 4:01 PM
#
All the drivers - the entire subdirectory (5 files) - is on it's way to you at your HPC Factor address (found on the Contact button on the bottom of this page).

Hope it helps!!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-02-11 6:38 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Thanks Snake, I'll let you know when it lands. I'll get it into the HCL ASAP.
 Top of the page
Snake
Snake Page Icon Posted 2006-02-11 7:53 PM
#
No problem. BTW my card is physically marked

Top: Lucent Technologies WaveLAN Turbo 11mb GOLD

Bottom: Lucent Technologies PC24E-H-FC, Encryption 128RC4
P/N #012600B
T/N#: 02435752
FCC ID #IMRWLPCE24H
CANADA 230 391 152A
5V, 16 BIT

On box: Product ID 012352
WL Turbo 11Mb PC Card EXT
Lucent WEP, Gold FC
(PC24E-H-FC)
Comcode: 848441556
8/28/2000
"Turbo 11Mb including 128 RC4 security" on a gold & black sticker

So, although you have the Lucent PC24E-H-FC listed on the HCL as "Silver", and therefore 40 bit encryption, my PC24E-H-FC is Gold and not only includes 128 bit but works at 128 bit confirmed. Apparently Orinoco/Lucent made the unit both Silver (40 bit) and Gold (128 bit) but kept the model number the same (what's up with that?)
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.265 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 9