x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Orinoco (or any other) Wireless

cmetz
cmetz Page Icon Posted 2006-01-10 11:16 AM
#
Have had my Jornada 720 for two months. Have installed any number of programs in addition to several suggestions here (like NetFront 3.3) and have had good success with all of them, and as I've said before, the handheld form factor has finally made a PDA make sense for me.

The thing I can't seem to get working is the wireless. Am currently using the included wlluc461 driver for an Agere 2Wire card. Occasionally get the Orinoco agent to work but usually not. Bought an inexpensive Orinoco Silver Combo card as a trial, tried a driver from the compatibility site here and nothing happened there either.

If you guys have a recommended card and driver for the 720, or a way to analyze the problem I'd appreciate it because wireless just ain't working. Thanks.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-01-10 12:10 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

There are a huge number of existing threads on the Orinoco, so I'm sure this has been covered elsewhere.

Try the reference drivers:
http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/h/0031.asp
 Top of the page
cmetz
cmetz Page Icon Posted 2006-01-10 12:37 PM
#
Had already done CESD-H-0031 but did a reinstall again today just to be certain and had no results. Will begin tracking down Orinoco threads. Perhaps two bad cards.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-01-10 1:11 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I wouldn't trust the ORiNOCO combo card. You're better off with one that's strictly 802.11b, like the ORiNOCO Classic cards. (Sounds like you have a pre-ORiNOCO Classic card and a post-ORiNOCO Classic card. The combo card is made by Proxim, right? The Agere ORiNOCO card is better - that's who makes the ORiNOCO Classic.)
 Top of the page
cmetz
cmetz Page Icon Posted 2006-01-10 2:01 PM
#
Card is 2Wire, Agere Systems, P/N 019461/D, 5v, 16. Been reading through Orinoco threads. Nothing definitive on how to solve this issue but some good suggestions for other cards if this doesn't work out. Am dispensing with the ComboCard - not a valid choice anyhow. At this point mainly trying to figure if I'm doing anything that might be obvious to others.
 Top of the page
Ceya Page Icon Posted 2006-01-10 10:32 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I am writing this using my J720 with the Orinoco Gold card 128 bit ( driver- WLAGS461) . It works almost everywhere but have a problem with some secure sites.

I had access to them once but now I don't have it. I also have Enterasys Roamabout DS card works well.

I also aquired the SanDisk combocard 128mb /wifi card and the Socket Wifi CF (the new blue card). I got these for my Smartbook G138 and for my MP900c (when that transaction takes place).

I will try them on my J720 too.

S/F,
CEYA!

Edited by Ceya 2006-01-10 10:34 PM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 9