x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

J0HN Page Icon Posted 2006-01-12 12:02 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Sorry for the confussion. d0ctordan@yahoo.com is the address. Thanks.

Edited by J0HN 2006-01-12 12:04 AM
 Top of the page
MoMagnum Page Icon Posted 2006-01-12 5:42 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

J0HN - 2006-01-12 12:02 AM

Sorry for the confussion. d0ctordan@yahoo.com is the address. Thanks.

I got this back-

"Your message was rejected by mx2.mail.yahoo.com for the following reason:

delivery error: dd This user doesn't have a yahoo.com account (doctordan@yahoo.com) [-5] - mta172.mail.mud.yahoo.com

The following recipients did not receive this message:

<doctordan@yahoo.com>"

This is pasted right from the email.

Moe

Top of the page
J0HN Page Icon Posted 2006-01-12 7:57 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

<p><a href="mailto:doctordan@yahoo.com">doctordan@yahoo.com</a> is not the correct address; it's <a href="mailto:d0ctordan@yahoo.com">d0ctordan@yahoo.com</a></p><p>Try sending it to <a href="mailto:d0ct0rdan@hotmail.com">d0ct0rdan@hotmail.com</a>   Those are zeroes in "d0ct0rdan."</p><p>I suspect that the .exe extension is the cause of the problem.  Could you or cmonex send it zipped and/or without the .exe extension.  </p><p>Thanks for your efforts to assist me; however, I'm beginning to think that the gods do not want me to have this file.</p><p />
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-12 10:25 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

i sent it to d0ctordan just now don't believe the gods!
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-01-12 11:43 PM
#
H/PC Elder

After you install MiniStumbler on the PC, ActiveSync sends the wrong version of CAB file to your Jornada.

Just uninstall it from the Jornada side, but keep it on the PC. Then go into the ActiveSync folder and fish out the HPC version of the CAB file, and manually copy it over to the Jornada. Run that CAB file on the Jornada to install the correct version.
 Top of the page
Rabbit@Net
Rabbit@Net Page Icon Posted 2006-01-13 10:08 AM
#
Hi folks,

got also MiniStumbler up running on my Sigmarion III. Unfortunatly, it doesn't regconize the card until I am connected to a network out there. I am using an OvisLink AirLive 802.11b card. It is based upon a prism chipset and therefore I am using the original Intersil Prism Driver. With that, it runs fine and connects to all networks I want. But unfortunatly, MiniStumbler doesn't like that combination. I also tried the original driver coming with the card which is mostly a renamed version of the one from Intersil.
Any ideas? - Beside of geting another card!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-13 1:58 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

maybe pocketwinc? or pocketwarrior
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-01-13 9:24 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Ok this is just a hunch:
You have to set your SSID to ANY in order for MiniStumbler to detect "any" access point.

If the SSID is set to something else, MiniStumbler will only be able to detect access points that have the same SSID (there could be more than one if they are on different channels).

I think MiniStumbler has an option to automatically change your SSID, but it doesn't work with all drivers. It's best to manually set it to ANY. I must've read all these in the readme or FAQ or something...
 Top of the page
Leo Esch
Leo Esch Page Icon Posted 2006-01-19 10:59 PM
#
Dear Moe,
You seem to be so knowledgable. I have been happily using my Jornada 720 for years.

I must install Ministumbler, I have the following in my 720 Temp directory.
Ministumbler.exe
ministumbler.hpc2000.arm.cab

When I tap on the Ministumbler.exe, I get the following error message......"Cannot find Ministumbler or one of it's components. Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all the required libraries are available"

What can I do now?

I am using a Netgear ma401 card.

If possible, reply to leo@jsp.cc
Thanks
Leo Esch
Los Angeles

Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-01-20 4:06 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Have you tried tapping the CAB file?