x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

CF card and PC Card

MoMagnum Page Icon Posted 2006-01-11 11:42 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Is it possible to use my (PCMCIA) wifi card with a (CF) GPS or Bluetooth (in which case I would use a bluetooth GPS reciever) card? I would like a GPS reciever, but am racking my brain trying to figure out how to do it without losing my wifi or memory card

Is there a serial GPS that I can plug into the cord (which plugs into the dock) How do I have all three with only 2 slots? Hmm, gotta be a way

Moe
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-01-11 12:27 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

There are serial gps solutions listed in the HCL, all the partial compatibility ones.
 Top of the page
MoMagnum Page Icon Posted 2006-01-11 12:50 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

C:Amie - 2006-01-11 12:27 PM

all the partial compatibility ones.

Gee, that sounds promising Chris
Anyone know a serial GPS that will work with ministumbler?

Moe

Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-01-11 1:04 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

They're partial because they are 100% dependant on the software application to support COM port modules. As stated in the listing.
 Top of the page
MoMagnum Page Icon Posted 2006-01-12 7:04 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Ok, gotcha.

Thinking about that made me think of this:
We have a Hardware Compatibility List, how about a Software Compatibility List?
Possibly saying something like-
Application "X" works on Device "Q" if you use Stub file "C"
We should have enough experience and/or knowledge to pull it off right?

Moe
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-12 7:47 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

yeah that list should be made...

i asked a friend to contribute who usually hacks ppc games .. must have a large list by now.. i'll get the list asap..

but we'd need everyone's contribution i don1t hack too many apps only if i need something or someone asks me

(now if TFGBD would kindly compile a list.. woooow how large that list would be! but i'm afraid he's too lazy )

but i have an even better idea and that would usually eliminate the need for such a list.
 Top of the page
MoMagnum Page Icon Posted 2006-01-12 8:10 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

cmonex - 2006-01-12 7:47 PM

but i have an even better idea and that would usually eliminate the need for such a list.

I really do hate cliffhangers

Moe
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-12 8:19 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

well.. it is a simple idea, write a patcher (win32 and hpc version as well), that will examine the ppc program find the problems and if they're just the usual stuff patches them: hexedits (functions, os version changes, cpu version changes, dll names, whatnot)... oh and it would place *renamed* dlls into windows folder upon installation of the patcher.. so no collisions with other versions of the same dll and wouldn't consume too much memory either.

the user then would just have to run it on the ppc program which can be either a cab installer ot the installed app (similar to execheck but it would automatically work with all files for the same app). it will either work or not... why a list then for the usual hacks? maybe a smaller list for unusual problems / solutions... but of course the best is when we have both lists and the patcher too

i don't know how to do all this though

oh, well what was the original title of the thread?! forget all this rambling!
 Top of the page
KBoyKool Page Icon Posted 2006-01-16 1:34 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Just to be nosy, what do you plan to use your GPSr for?

See my thread:
http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1715&posts=9

I had wanted to go GPSr/HPC, but decided on a stand-alone handheld unit, instead. My J720 still complements my geocaching, but isn't rugged enough to use for locating in tough terrain.
 Top of the page
MoMagnum Page Icon Posted 2006-01-16 7:20 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

KBoyKool - 2006-01-16 1:34 PM

Just to be nosy, what do you plan to use your GPSr for?

See my thread:
http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1715&posts=9

I had wanted to go GPSr/HPC, but decided on a stand-alone handheld unit, instead. My J720 still complements my geocaching, but isn't rugged enough to use for locating in tough terrain.

I want it for use with ministumbler and also want to check out MS street and trips 2005. It is too bad that HP didn't put options on the docks-you know like those what do you call them things for laptops- oh yeah- Docking Stations It would be awesome to have 2 PC card slots and a USB port or two on them. Any thoughts on whether it would be possible? I have a double pc card unit from an old laptop, would just need to figure out how to get into the jornada.

Moe
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-16 8:54 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

MoMagnum - 2006-01-17 1:20 AM

I have a double pc card unit from an old laptop, would just need to figure out how to get into the jornada.

wonder if that's possible! i have a 200LX here, and a double pc card unit too (that cool thing isn't mine sadly - only the 200LX is mine), i think i already tried plugging it in the J... let's try again...
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 10