x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Making an mp3 player out of my 360lx

SujetoTacito Page Icon Posted 2004-12-18 8:36 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I want to carry some music on my handheld, but as you probably know some old palmtop devices like the HP 360lx doesn’t have a headphones jack.

Is there any way to get around it, like a pcmcia sound card whit audio out or something?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2004-12-19 11:36 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

There are no drivers - someone did get midi working form a sound canvas - driver in the HCL. But not Waveform audio.

Is the 66MHz cpu fast enough to play mp3's? The 44MHz 320/340 requires low bit rate, single channel downmixed at 22khz to make it even attempt to play.

If you are a dab hand with a souldering iron you could add a jack, I've seen it done. However I'd rather you didn't make mincemeat out of a HPC

Top of the page
SujetoTacito Page Icon Posted 2004-12-19 7:10 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I already play mp3 on my machine, no problem whit that, the problem is that it’s absolutely pointless whit that little speaker.

There’s always the hard way as you say, I actually have found a web page where a Japanese fellow shows what he have done whit his jornada 680:

http://www.geocities.co.jp/HeartLand-Suzuran/1004/jor680.html

but I’m not an electronics handy guy and I don’t want to scrub up my handheld
(big chicken)

Thanks you C-Amie, congratulations on your post #500
 Top of the page
SirThoreth Page Icon Posted 2004-12-31 2:42 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

SujetoTacito - 2004-12-19 4:10 PM

I already play mp3 on my machine, no problem whit that, the problem is that it’s absolutely pointless whit that little speaker.

There’s always the hard way as you say, I actually have found a web page where a Japanese fellow shows what he have done whit his jornada 680:

http://www.geocities.co.jp/HeartLand-Suzuran/1004/jor680.html

but I’m not an electronics handy guy and I don’t want to scrub up my handheld
(big chicken)

Thanks you C-Amie, congratulations on your post #500

Iiinteresting. I'd always been considering doing the same.

BTW, if I recall correctly from my days working there (about 6 years ago), Radioshack sold a headphone jack that could, when headphones were plugged in, cut a separate circuit, meaning you could have both the internal speaker and the headphone jack.

The biggest problem I see in trying to do this with a 360LX, and why I didn't in mine, is that the 360LX appears to to be packed a bit more densely than later HP palmtops - I'm hesitant about opening up the case to do so.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2004-12-31 6:38 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Obviousely if you aren't very experienced with electronics, I would definitely start out with something smaller. Some of us have already learned that the hard way, I believe that one is selling a broken 660lx on hpcbay right now...But if someone has the experience and can pull that off, I would love to see it.
 Top of the page
Cheech
Cheech Page Icon Posted 2005-02-23 3:45 AM
#
Would this not be possilbe?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3710&item=6744778267&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

If the link doesnt work, its a 16-bit pcmcia sound card.
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2005-02-23 5:55 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

maybe.. it would be so nice...
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-02-23 7:53 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

No it will not work. You need Windows CE drivers.
 Top of the page
MarcioLima Page Icon Posted 2005-05-31 10:33 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Nice to meet you all!

Do you have a copy of that japanese webpage explaining how to put a headphone on the jornada 680? That page does not work more.
I found some cahed pages, but without the pictures...

Thank you!
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 11