x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Cascading Start Menu

woodnboats Page Icon Posted 2006-01-12 12:34 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Don't ask me how, but somehow in the recent past, probably as a result of hard resets, I have changed the appearance of the start menus on both my HPC's.

Instead of the "cascade" appearance they used to have, where the shortcuts not in folders filled the list to the bottom and then into another list to the right of the first list. Now, however, there is only one list, with little arrows at the bottom and/or top to permit scrolling through the list. Clumsy and annoying.

Does anyone have any idea what I did, or more importantly, what I can do to get things back the way they were?

I can't finding anything in the manuals or help files that give any hint, and the Taskbar Properties, which is where the solution lies in desktop Windows, is no help either.

My HPC's are an HP 660lx and an MP 790.

I'm enclosing a screeny showing how things are now; in the old days there would have been another list to the right of the one here containing the remaining half-dozen or so shortcuts.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kirk Messinger

(ScrSnap001.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments ScrSnap001.jpg (45KB - 4 downloads)
 Top of the page
CardBoardCrusader
CardBoardCrusader Page Icon Posted 2006-01-12 1:35 PM
#

I've never seen anything like it before...

Did you say that it happened on 2 HPCs at the same time? Do you sync them with the same PC? Perhaps you inadvertently installed an HPC installer app on your desktop and ActiveSync installed it when you connected them.

Sorry I don't know too much.
 Top of the page
Volman Page Icon Posted 2006-01-12 1:38 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

My jornada does that when I have added so many shortcuts to the start menu that they won't all fit in the 2-colum list. Try reducing the number of shortcuts and see if that returns the menu to normal.
 Top of the page
woodnboats Page Icon Posted 2006-01-12 1:51 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Volman - 2006-01-12 11:38 AM

My jornada does that when I have added so many shortcuts to the start menu that they won't all fit in the 2-colum list. Try reducing the number of shortcuts and see if that returns the menu to normal.

I think you may be on to something. I'm going to give it a try. Only...how do I edit the Start menu?

K
 Top of the page
woodnboats Page Icon Posted 2006-01-12 2:03 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Aha! Figured it out!

For anyone else who might be listening, go to Windows/Programs and delete shortcuts as you like.

Thanks, all, especially Volman.

K
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2006-01-12 2:04 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Thats exactly what it is, to much in the Start menu,

What i tend to do is situate things into folders by type of program.

This is done by going into windows on the hpc and then finding the location of the start menu shortcut folder wich will be one of the folders @ the top of the windows folder contents......the Easy way would be to use explore threw active sync to fast type everything....but you can do it directly on the device as well...

Just create new folders in the main, and then move any icon short cuts into those folders, once finished the start menu should show those folders, then when the folder is scrolled over, it will then cascade out to show the contents in that folder....
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 11