x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Jornada 680e & Roamabout DS - Not Connecting

astro_rob
astro_rob Page Icon Posted 2006-01-13 9:54 AM
#
Hello All,
I'm new to this, so bear with me. Normally, I work in the Macintosh world, and am new to Windows CE. I was gifted with a (literally brand-spanking new in the box) Jornada 680e for Christmas, and really love the little fella'. I was also given a Roamabout DS card. After installing the software, it worked on our home wireless network.
Then it stopped.
Now, it can't find a network at all. One little green LED on the card is the only indication at all that it is even working. Any suggestions?

Rob
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-13 1:53 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

driver reinstall maybe?
 Top of the page
astro_rob
astro_rob Page Icon Posted 2006-01-13 3:54 PM
#
Thanks for the response.
Actually, I tried to reinstall the driver last night, to no avail (an aside; can't help but notice that this card sucks the battery dry in no time). Maybe settings...?
I've heard about the Agere driver being used. Again, these are new waters for me, so before I go any further, need to see if there are other avenues to investigate.

Rob
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-13 6:50 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

what was the problem with reinstalling the driver? were you unable to uninstall it?

oh maybe a lower consumption card would help with the battery issue.. a nice prism based CF wlan card will help ... or a socket / symbol low power wlan card, again CF
 Top of the page
astro_rob
astro_rob Page Icon Posted 2006-01-13 8:13 PM
#
Let's see...
Installed. Worked. Failed. Removed. Re-installed. Not working. Removed. Re-installed. Not working...
Somewhere in these forums, someone mentioned the Agere driver as a better choice. Nice idea, except that Agere seems to be down or very, very slow.
This is becoming frustrating...
 Top of the page
astro_rob
astro_rob Page Icon Posted 2006-01-13 9:21 PM
#
Well, what do ya know...
It's working again, though not the way I'd like it to. I had to change the network setup (specified an IP). There appears to be a conflict in my home network somewhere (only three devices on the network... weird).

Thanks...
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.296 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 11