x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Wireless issue - no internet

marshallh
marshallh Page Icon Posted 2006-01-13 6:17 PM
#
Hi all,
I have a Jornada 720 with a 2wire Agere card, the reference drivers are the ones in the HCL.
I can see my router and connect to it fine, I can access the router setup by going to 192.168.2.1 etc, but when I try to get on the outside internet, nothing works.
I've tried pinging microsoft.com but it never went through.
There is a laptop using the same wireless router so I know the router is fine, but what is the deal?

Here is my config:
Net Interface: Agere Wireless Network Driver (H1)
DHCP Enabled: True
IP Address: 192.168.2.137
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway: 192.168.2.1

This wireless router is connected to a wired router, which in turn is connected to the internet. It is at 192.168.0.1. How can I get my HPC to see this?
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2006-01-13 7:22 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Is there any option in there for configuring the dns server?

Also, check the router settings itself. Maybe your handheld needs a static ip?

Try the soft reset too, sometimes my cisco card will freeze up and need one to refresh settings.
 Top of the page
marshallh
marshallh Page Icon Posted 2006-01-13 9:10 PM
#
Thanks for your help! I changed my default gateway to the IP of my wired router and now I'm writing this from my jornada. Thanks for the suggestion.
 Top of the page
Ceya Page Icon Posted 2006-01-13 9:32 PM
#
H/PC Elite

go to control panel and go to network , find the a 2wire Agere connection listed. high light it and click properties and the DHCP server will be configured.

now go to start and search for agere click that and go to advanced go to site monitor,click your link, then open, then back close it out. now click tools, click wireless profiles, click edit . profile name = default, network= acess point, network name click scan and look for the name you chose in site monitor. click next til finish.

This works for me. i have Agere's Orinoco gold card

S/F,
CEYA!
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 8