x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

J720 stylus cannot stay in place in machine

Cheezz
Cheezz Page Icon Posted 2006-01-16 2:31 AM
#
Hi everyone,

I have a problem where the stylus of my J720 does not stay locked into
place in the Jornada. I push the stylus in and I hear it clicked into
place. The top button of the stylus is still pressed down, however I can pull out the stylus without pressing the release button to release it. And when I tilt the Jornada to one side, about 1/4 of the stylus slips out. I checked the stylus which does not seem to be broken. I'm afraid this will cause me to lose my stylus accidentally. Is the mechanism holding the stylus in place spoilt? Can anyone help to fix this?

Thanks a lot.

Top of the page
alfabob
alfabob Page Icon Posted 2006-01-16 10:18 AM
#
Don't think theres anyway to fix this. If I'm correct, the stylus is held in place by friction alone. If your J720 has worn out its stylus slot, you're out of luk.
 Top of the page
Ceya Page Icon Posted 2006-01-16 11:53 AM
#
H/PC Elite

No it is not held by friction only like the others.

Take out the stylus and the sliver top piece with the ridge grips , press down it it will click open or pop open. Push the stylus back it the computer while it is in the position and it will click to close. it will stay.

S/F,
CEYA!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-16 1:16 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

strange, as my j680 has a little problem with this too but the solution for it is to "close" the stylus, not open it, and if i put it back in this position it will stay there just fine. if i put it back in the usual way (as with my J72x's), it won't fit (won't close on its own). maybe that's a problem with the stylus itself though even if it doesn't seem to be broken.

edit: ok i just checked the stylus in the j720, and it behaves the same there. problem with the stylus... it itself looks like it is not damaged at all though...

Edited by cmonex 2006-01-16 1:24 PM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 58 - Executed queries : 10