x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Spymaster Page Icon Posted 2006-01-16 4:50 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Yes a genuine offer. £50.00 to anyone who can supply me with a copy of smARTcommander software for my Jornada 720. I have posted on every forum I can find relating to HPCs, searched on every web search engine I can find, trawled Ebay internationally and even contacted Scansoft who took over ART.com

I find it hard to believe that no-one has a copy of this lying around no longer wanted or used. So first come first served

Email me at thompcraig@gmail.com

Craig
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-01-16 5:18 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

There are two different programs, which are you looking for?

ARTcommand 2.2 or smARTcommander 1.0
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-16 7:07 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

"I understand it is included in the additional software CD included with the Casio Cassiopeia E10"

the ARM version too?
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-01-16 7:16 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Well, that is MIPS... The Palm Size PCs were only SH3 and SH4... My Nino has a program called Pocket Commander...
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-01-16 7:52 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Oops, the PS/PCs were only SH3 and MIPS... Also, it would not let me edit my post...
 Top of the page
Spymaster Page Icon Posted 2006-01-17 5:00 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Well that has certainly generated some interest! I am not sure which package I need for the Jornada 720 which has a StrongARM SA1110 processor. I wish to be able to issue simple voice commands to the HPC. Could you advise on the relevant differences between the two programs and advise whether they will both run on a Jornada 720.

Thanks

Craig
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-01-17 8:53 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

The Casio disc that cmonex was suggesting is a Palm Size PC Version [no ARM, just MIPS and maybe SH3]... And the Pocket Commander is a program that can do voice commands...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-17 10:01 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

i wasnt suggesting it! i quoted it from another forum (where spymaster also posted) and replied with my doubts about an ARM version
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-01-17 11:39 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

From what I understand, smARTcommand was the first version, and probably the one OEM'd against 2.x1. It went up to version 2.2.
The later ARTcommander was a version 1.0 product, and was the one being sold through until the companies demise.

I'm basing this against some sales literature - I have no practical experience of the app. The literature - so you can make your own decision - states:
ARTcommander 1.0 Voice Recognition for handheld PCs or upgrade from smARTcommand 2.2, smARTcontact 2.2 or Voice Suite 2.2 - $19.95.
 Top of the page
Spymaster Page Icon Posted 2006-01-17 3:51 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Thanks for the info. I guess I would accept either version as long as it works on a Jornada 720 though the latest version would be preferable.

Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.191 - Cached queries : 50 - Executed queries : 28