x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Solved the Hotmail issue on my PocketPC sh3

quiche Page Icon Posted 2006-01-18 4:53 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I managed to get my hands on NetFront v.3.00 for the SH3 processor. That was the trick.

I have a HP Jornada 547, with I think 32mb. I finally tried out the Ambicom CF modem I bought off of Ebay weeks back. Had trouble getting my Gmail with nPOP. But with NetFront I was able to get into my Hotmail account. I simply typed in the usual URL www.hotmail.com and logged in, then it brought me to a MSN mobile page from which I could select Hotmail. And I was reading my messages!

The challenge was fitting the NetFront on a 32mb device. I had to ditch two of my graphics programs. And comb through the directories getting rid of all unnecessary files. But I got it on with 7mb to spare. And it worked, after fudging with the memory settings in NetFront.

This was the first time ever that I've been able to access my Hotmail on a PDA. I'm so excited. Too bad NetFront never came out for a SH4 processor (did they?).
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-01-18 5:04 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Good find! NF3 for sh3!

I'm fairly certain it was never compiled for sh4. Arm, mips, sh3 were the only platforms IIRC.

Now, your memory issue. NF3 will run from a flash card. Cut and paste the .exe to a folder on your flash card and run it from there. You get about 3mb of ram back. It's a bit slower from flash but it's worth the trade.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-18 5:29 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

no it surely was never compiled for SH4, that cpu was never supported in CE3.

also a trial for SH3 and MIPS was never released how crazy.
 Top of the page
quiche Page Icon Posted 2006-01-18 5:58 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Thanks, Wally. I'm waiting until I can afford a 512mb CF card.

A question, please. A while ago I installed the Handheld PC Pro 128-bit SSL file on my pocketpc - is that necessary? Can I get rid of that file on my PocketPC with Windows CE 3.0 and this NetFront?
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.142 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 9