x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Application to control notification sounds

slick204 Page Icon Posted 2006-01-18 7:38 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I'm looking for a way to disable notification sounds during certain parts of the day. Basically, when I'm at work and my J720 is in the cradle, I don't need the sound to play because my desktop computer will notify me (and if I'm not there, they don't like all the noise!). I know I can just turn the sounds off, but I need them in the evening. I think I remember reading about such a program but have been unable to find anything in all the usual locations.
Anyone know of anything?

Thanks!
 Top of the page
slick204 Page Icon Posted 2006-01-19 10:31 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Nothing eh? Maybe it was a PPC app. The search continues!
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-01-20 1:10 AM
#
H/PC Elder

I can't recall any hpcs that act as you need. Somewhere in the back of my noodle I recall playing with a ppc app that did something similar. I never kept it as I had no use for it.
Let use know what you find.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-01-20 3:06 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

The only thing I can recall like that is a backlight control utility for Palm OS. I wouldn't be surprised if there is such a time-controlled utility like that for sounds. I don't recall seeing such a thing in my extensive searching of the Web for handheld apps - but then I haven't been looking for that specific type of utility. Maybe when I have some energy again (just finished a really long day at work) I'll dive in again.
 Top of the page
slick204 Page Icon Posted 2006-01-20 9:23 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Yeah, it's something I think I saw somewhere. I did a quick search of Handango but didn't find anything. I've also looked more carefully at handheld attitude and hpcnec but no luck. I had a lousy day too; had to create a new profile for my work computer which breaks lots of things. A pint of barleywine helps ease the pain!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-01-21 6:52 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Using a task scheduler it should be possible for you to mute and subsequently unmute the device at certain times of the day. Like the others here, I do not recall a specific application that can do what you need.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-01-21 12:42 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

C:Amie, you just reminded me of a utility called AppLert that allows you to set specific apps to open at specific times. Maybe that would work. (Think I saw that in Tucows, but it's probably in several other CE software sites, too.)
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 9