x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

End user question: cetsc on startup

[Frozen]
Frozen
Tom
Tom Page Icon Posted 2006-01-18 10:59 PM
#
Hi,

As end user, would I be able to configure Windows CE.NET 4.2 to automatically run cetsc.exe (terminal server client for ce) with connection rdp file?
I notice in MS newsgroup (windows ce general) that many people uses ce builder to make the configuration. I don't have ce builder by the way.

Tom
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-01-19 11:04 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I have not tested this, so please excuse me if it doesn't work on your device.

Start > Run >
cetsc.exe /v:server

e.g.
cetsc.exe /v:www.hpcfactor.com

If you have a correctly formatted connection file then the command is just:
cetsc.exe <connection file>

If that loads the RDP correctly on your device (it may not as you didn't specify what device you are using, there for I can't guess what configuration RDP is running in) you can add that to a bat file and drop it into startup, or, if you want to be a little more clever you can add it to the shell load calls in the registry.
 Top of the page
Tom
Tom Page Icon Posted 2006-01-19 10:21 PM
#
Hi, Thank you for your reply.

the program "cetsc" is not working with the argument although what you mentioned is correct according to /? on the command.

about the startup folder, is it under /windows directory? I tried but can't save the file. It's gone everytime i reboot the unit. Do I really need ce builder to make changes to the system folder (i.e. adding text file)?

-Tom
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-01-20 6:49 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Tom - 2006-01-20 3:21 AM

Hi, Thank you for your reply.

the program "cetsc" is not working with the argument although what you mentioned is correct according to /? on the command.

about the startup folder, is it under /windows directory? I tried but can't save the file. It's gone everytime i reboot the unit. Do I really need ce builder to make changes to the system folder (i.e. adding text file)?

-Tom
Again, info on the device you're using would be useful. If it's an emulator then this is expected as you cannot save state it.

Startup is \windows\startup

Try the argument with " "
 Top of the page
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 8