x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

woodnboats Page Icon Posted 2006-01-19 4:39 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

'Way back in November '05, CE Geek posted the following:

CE Geek - 2005-11-02 2:23 AM

I just installed TCPMP 0.66 (the developers have dropped the letter suffix on the current version) on my MP790, and had a learning experience. I got an error message when I tried to load a video: "GAPI: GAPI not supported on this device. Try a different driver!" (I didn't know that GAPI was not supported on the MP790. Does that mean I can't play Doom on it? [Haven't tried yet.]) I bug reported, and Picard told me to use the GDI driver for video, but suggested that it might not work quite as well as GAPI would on a supported device. But video was fine with the GDI driver.

Thought I should give MP790 users a heads-up in case some of them aren't aware of this small issue.

Well, now I'm trying to do the same thing on my 790, but I'm so lame when it comes to video that I don't know what he means.

Can someone clarify, please? What is GDI? Where do I get it? Where do I put it?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanx,

Kirk
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-01-19 5:01 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Kirk,
The GDI is part of the Windows 2D graphics sub-system. Believe me when I say, you already have it.
In the absence of GAPI, your device will almost certainly be set to directly gather data from the Framebuffer (hardware), using the GDI add's a software element to the capture.

You can check & change the driver mode by opening up TCPMP Options > Video > Video Driver and ticking the necessary option.
 Top of the page
woodnboats Page Icon Posted 2006-01-19 7:01 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

C:Amie - 2006-01-19 3:01 PM

Kirk,
The GDI is part of the Windows 2D graphics sub-system. Believe me when I say, you already have it.
In the absence of GAPI, your device will almost certainly be set to directly gather data from the Framebuffer (hardware), using the GDI add's a software element to the capture.

You can check & change the driver mode by opening up TCPMP Options > Video > Video Driver and ticking the necessary option.

See what timidity gets you?

I was SO sure the program wouldn't work that I never went beyond that error message. Had I done so, I'd have found everything was working fine, and there was no reason to bother you.

But that's why I love all you guys; I have but to ask, and I get answers!

Thanks again for all you do,

Kirk
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-01-19 7:07 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Never be afraid to ask questions. The socratic mind is king above all of (wo)man's traits.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 9