x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

(WTB)(UK) Mobile Pro 880 + 790 upgrade module?

1 2
Wessex_nut Page Icon Posted 2006-01-19 6:20 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I probably wont get far, but , I may have a few difficaulties with payment as I personally can pay only by cash or UK cheque, unless everyone else has other suggestions.

What I am looking for is a MobilePro 880, in working and reasonable condition for about £100 and a upgrade module to go in it. (yes, I know about the USB issue, I am sure you can work around it, is screen an issue?)

I may consider a 800, but I'd prefer the faster processor of the 880 and I'd like a handheld with a USB port, due to the college computers, that don't come with card readers!
3 half days, means I can carry less, currently, I carry a laptop, 2 handhelds and all the college gear, it gets heavy!

So, if you can offer me one at a reasonable price with a reasonable way of paying for it or suggesting alternitives (preferbly under £100), I'd like to hear from you.
If you have to complete the money transaction some other way, like paypal, you may have to wait as that'll have to go through my father.

I'd appreciate any help/

EDIT: I forgot to input my location, UK basically, or look to your left to see more pprecisely where I am.

Edited by Wessex_nut 2006-01-19 6:22 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-19 6:24 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

why not get a usb card into the jornada sorry if it is not just about usb!

Edited by cmonex 2006-01-19 6:25 PM
 Top of the page
Wessex_nut Page Icon Posted 2006-01-19 6:29 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Don't forget the larger screen too!
(For internet surfing, document typing, etc!)
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2006-01-19 7:16 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Some body sell this man a Wibook !
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-01-19 8:17 PM
#
H/PC Elder

What USB issue? Has anyone tried using the 6651 mips usb drivers after replacing the 880 rom with a 790 rom?
I'd tell you myself but my 790 won't release the rom. It's like someone crazy glued the rom in place.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-19 8:20 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

someone did try but he didnt try on a 880 or on anything else, only on the 890 so maybe the usb stuff just wasnt compatible. as a result, i'm not convinced.

who glued the rom in place? your 790 doesnt want to lose hpc2000 and sink back in the ranks to hpc pro
 Top of the page
Wessex_nut Page Icon Posted 2006-01-20 3:01 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

hehheheehhe

I could only gaurentee that this thread was going to be a laugh!!!
I did think about a WiBook, nice idea, but urrmm... Large!
 Top of the page
Wessex_nut Page Icon Posted 2006-01-20 2:13 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Talking of alternitives, I did at the time look at others as I wasn't sure about the stylus input.

WiBook: I had another quick look and err.... unimpressed! Nice Design!! :-)
BUT!!!! The focus seems to be on the comptuer, NOT the screen! The screen is [Size=small]Teeny!. 10base-T ethernet is tempting! (Well, I am going wireless now, all my PCs are Wireless, including the desktop - The iPAQ would be Wireless if it accepted the Wireless card.). The resolution is Stompted to 640x480 at 256 colours too (according to the specs).
The one I was thinking of, is the Data Evolution Cathena, nice looking notebook , Topside heavy though!
Jornada 820.... I thought about this, but there seems to be no upgrade to HPC2k and lacks software for Pro, unless anyone else knows otherwise! Oh and the wasted screen size! Come on HP, you could of fitted a bigger panel than that!
Likewise for the Workpad Z50!
Someone is going to say "NETBOOK", right? Another good idea... but urmmm, no prbolems found!
Intermec I might consider, but I'd prefer a 800x600 and I have even considered a Compaq Aero, trouble is, that it is SERIAL (not USB) only.

Anyone else with any reasonable suggestions? Atleast 800x600 preferbly, USB built in, 64k screen, MIPS at 160mhz or more or ARM?
Post a pic and lets see if I like it.
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2006-01-20 2:35 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Wessex_nut - 2006-01-20 11:13 AM

Talking of alternitives, I did at the time look at others as I wasn't sure about the stylus input.

WiBook: I had another quick look and err.... unimpressed! Nice Design!! :-)
BUT!!!! The focus seems to be on the comptuer, NOT the screen! The screen is [Size=small]Teeny!. 10base-T ethernet is tempting!

The Wibook is actully 16 bit color...64k...im using a sandisk 128mb/wifi cf card in it with Np w/wm2003 drivers...

most of the units you mentioned how ever are either 8 bit color or 640x480 res...

a .... Areo, 820, 256 colors, z50 640x480 and all locked @ hpc pro

Im not trying to sell you on the Wibook, but for a larger subnote hpc's it's one of the best ive used....the Cathena would be a good choice if it was actully selling, netbook pro is real nice but i find it a bit expencive for my taste...

Itntermec is nice...no problems with it...but again still on the high side of the dollar for me......

Edited by thcrw739 2006-01-20 2:38 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-20 2:39 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

what's the problem with the netbook pro?
 Top of the page
Wessex_nut Page Icon Posted 2006-01-20 2:44 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

cmonex - 2006-01-20 7:39 PM

what's the problem with the netbook pro?

Expensive, remember? Budget?
 Top of the page
Wessex_nut Page Icon Posted 2006-01-22 4:53 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I had a look on ebay, there doesn't seem to be a lot there. The most I have seen is 3~5 MP8x0s at one time and I am still on the run for one. Are they that rare or am I asking too little? (apart from the lack of responses from my thread, it probably means they are rare!)
What is the average asking price?
I am still after a Handheld that has an 800x600 screen and a USB port too, doesn't matter which type, put it before me and I'll say if I am interested or not, with a price.
 Top of the page
Wessex_nut Page Icon Posted 2006-01-28 9:44 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-28 10:30 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

do not buy it. this (not having a psu) is their excuse to sell a non working machine.

This is a small laptop that i have no way to test. I have no power supply. ... Sold for parts or repair.
 Top of the page
Wessex_nut Page Icon Posted 2006-01-28 11:06 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

cmonex - 2006-01-28 3:30 PM

do not buy it. this (not having a psu) is their excuse to sell a non working machine.

This is a small laptop that i have no way to test. I have no power supply. ... Sold for parts or repair.

Oh well, back on the run for one!
They seem to be increadably rare!
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.281 - Cached queries : 72 - Executed queries : 9