x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Jornada 720 Ministumbler

Leo Esch
Leo Esch Page Icon Posted 2006-01-19 10:45 PM
#
I am unable to get any further that having
ministumbler.exe and
ministumbler.hpc2000.arm.cab

on my temp directory of my Jornada 720.
When I tap Ministumbler.exe, I get the following error message.
"cannot find ministumbler or one of its components. Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all required libraries are available."

Can anyone help me??

Please reply to leo@jsp.cc as I will be in Chile next week.
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-01-20 2:39 AM
#
H/PC Elder

I do not know where you got the exe file from, but all you need is the cab.

Double tap the cab file and it should install the program. After that you should see MiniStumbler on the Start menu. Use that to launch the program.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-20 5:35 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

this thread.. here..
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-01-20 1:29 PM
#
H/PC Elder

cmonex - 2006-01-20 2:35 AM

this thread.. here..

LOL, good point. I didn't even notice that
Don't you have the ability to move threads? C:Amie does that all the time. However I do feel a bit sorry if a busy man like him has to clean up stuff like this.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-01-21 7:12 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Moved to HPC2000 Support
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-21 11:07 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

takwu - 2006-01-20 7:29 PM

LOL, good point. I didn't even notice that
Don't you have the ability to move threads? C:Amie does that all the time. However I do feel a bit sorry if a busy man like him has to clean up stuff like this.

i'm not a global mod, i can move threads only from hpc2000, cenet and the hardware support.
 Top of the page
tlp Page Icon Posted 2006-02-03 2:43 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hey,

I've been meaning to get MiniStumbler installed on my Jornada 720. I've Googled but cannot seem to find the cab file you mentioned.

Could you provide a link or something to it?

Thanks
 Top of the page
David G Page Icon Posted 2006-02-03 6:42 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Hi! (A response to the cab files question. This is a common question and may be addressed in other threads and sections of this site.) I hope this helps....

Navigate to http://www.stumbler.net/

On the Downloads section of the main screen download Ministumbler

This will download the Windows executable: MiniStumblerInstaller_0_4_0.exe

Click on it to run it. This will try to install the Ministumbler software on your handheld. Normally, this should work OK and you should have no problems. However, if it doesn't work correctly for any reason, you can try to install a cab. The windows executible leaves copies of the cabs in the directory (folder): C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\MiniStumbler\

(There are 6 cabs in the current version -- a filename example: MiniStumbler.HPC2000.ARM.CAB )

If you need to install from a cab you must copy the correct cab (based on your handheld's Windows CE version and processor) from the directory listed above to your handheld device. You can use the Activesync Explore Method or drop the file into your device's "My Documents" directory.

Finally, from the handheld, navigate to the file and click it! This will run and you will get a typical install dialog on your device.

You should be ready to go!

Note (a nice option but NOT necessary): If you set the .cab file to "read only" from Activesync Explorer or Windows Explorer (right click to get the file properties and check the read only box) the cab will remain on the device in case you need to reinstall it again - This is useful if you store the file on a flash device and have to do a hard reset on the handheld.

Finally, this method works for most windows / windows ce executable installs. You can find many of the .cabs in the Activesync directory. Also, some sites will allow you download either the .cab or the Windows executable.

Top of the page
tlp Page Icon Posted 2006-02-03 7:46 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Got it working! Thanks :-)

Edited by tlp 2006-02-03 7:54 PM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 11