x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Worldtalk & mp880

wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-01-20 12:49 AM
#
H/PC Elder

First, I notice worldtalk is faster than PIE with a lot of pages, many graphics are dropped, so that may be why,
Secondly, Worldtalk causes a lot of blinking of the screen. Anyone else notice this?

Lastly, the formatting with worldtalk is terrible. Everything is askance and skewed, ie, this edit box requires a complete scroll tothe far right of the page to access it.

Otherwise, it gives me access to some previously prohibited sites.
 Top of the page
quiche Page Icon Posted 2006-01-20 3:24 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Wally,

what kind of sites can you now get with World Talk?

I guess you have the MobilePro edition, like I do with my 790. I've been searching the Internet trying to find WorldTalk for other processors, but with no luck.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-01-20 3:27 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I noticed the blinking. I didn't want to bring it up on the thread where it was introduced, because I didn't want to be too judgmental or demanding, but frankly it was always irritating to me when I used it. (The horizontal scrolling bothered me too - if I didn't mind dealing with that, I could just browse on my Pocket PC. It kinda seems to defeat the purpose of browsing on an H/PC.) I just went back to PIE 4 on my 790, where I can do at least 95% of what I can do from my desktop while using WLAN. (Course that advice doesn't help people with just H/PC Pro devices.)

quiche: I recall cmonex saying that she had only found a MIPS version. Haven't heard anyone report a version for SH3.

Edited by CE Geek 2006-01-20 3:31 AM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-20 5:25 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

blinking? stop loading the page when it is ok

anyway, it is only an alternative to PIE3. not to IE4.

mm, except that it is sometimes faster than IE4 on the intermec.

oh, and the globe is there in ce 2.11 it isn1t with hpc2000. strange

Edited by cmonex 2006-01-20 5:28 AM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.265 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 13