x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-22 8:14 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

wow. is this ALL of the errors? nothing more? solvable!!

get your hexeditor ready and a plain calculator.

type the numbers in the calculator and then go to hexadecimal mode. for example 120 will change to 78 this way. then add the number you got to the beginning of this: ... 00 00 80
for example 78 00 00 80.

search for this string in the hexeditor (NOT ascii mode! hex mode), you should find two, if you find more, be careful and change only those that are close to the other cellcore strings you need to change. change them to 28 00 00 80

the only problem is 80 00 00 80, you'll find alot of them, only those should be changed that are located close to the other cellcore strings.

this is all and of course you need (usually) the first cellcore.dll
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-22 10:05 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

opera.. i just received (email was delivered with a little delay) and tried opera hexedited by rgisondi.

rgisondi, as i wrote in the email, i got a very strange error about aYGSHELL having a higher OS version.. i have no aygshell other than the cenet 4.2 AYGSHELL, or aygshell, dunno, this should not be case sensitive! - certainly not aYGSHELL...

and of course opera still doesn't work

EDIT: ok, i found out! ive got an aygshell (AYGSHELL and the ROM one is aygshell), in the root, as i forgot to delete it. this is the WM2003SE aygshell with the OS version indeed being higher, 4.21. how come it found that aygshell even though no program ever does that at other times?!?! ok i hexedited it to 4.20 and now execheck of course reports an invalid aygshell lets see what happens if i just delete it

(note, all this happens on the MP900C)
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-22 10:22 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

results.. it's just not meant to run on a 900C

it tries to launch but nothing happens, i get no error in opera, no error in exeheck, just nothing, same as when i used my own hexedited version of opera.

i always knew the netbook pro has a more complete ROM.

i'll try J728 and sig3, later. i already wasted half an hour on this when i must do other things

hope flash will work for takwu! post some screenshots in a new thread if you manage to run it
 Top of the page
rgisondi
rgisondi Page Icon Posted 2006-01-22 2:39 PM
#
At the beginning it give me the same bad result.

Have you installed it in "Program file" or in a storage card?

Try to install again the cab in Program file and then replace the file with the mine

Let me know
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-22 2:50 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

it's always been installed in program files. maybe after the exams i'll do a hard reset and reinstall, there's been too much tinkering
(you gave me new hope! )

btw, what DLL's did you use? cellcore.dll? which one (i'm interested in filesize in bytes)? aygshell? etc?
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-01-22 11:58 PM
#
H/PC Elder

cmonex,
Ok I tried the hex edit... but it does nothing. Exec Chk doesn't report an error, but when I load up a page, the flash part just shows nothing.

Here's some details how I installed the Flash:
Install Flash Player 5 for Nexio. At this point if I load up a webpage with Flash, a error will pop up. The message has squares and the word "nexio" in it. So I assume it is saying you cannot use this Flash with something not a nexio

Then I replace the swflash.dll with the flash.dll from Macromedia Flash Player 6 for PPC. Exec Chk reports this file requires cellcore.dll. If I load a Flash page now, it simply acts as if I don't have Flash installed.

Finally I hex edit the dll, replacing 80 00 00 80 (only those next to the others), 78 00 00 80, 7A 00 00 80, and 79 00 00 80, all with 28 00 00 80. Now Exec Chk reports no error. Flash page would either load forever, or acts as no Flash installed (depends on which website).

So I guess it's another failure
 Top of the page
rgisondi Page Icon Posted 2006-01-23 6:41 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I have sent you a mail.

Can tou send me coredll.dll and ws2. I would like to try opera with j720 with those files.

Tahnks
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-24 4:02 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

rgisondi - 2006-01-24 12:41 AM

I have sent you a mail.

Can tou send me coredll.dll and ws2. I would like to try opera with j720 with those files.

Tahnks

i sent them now let me know if you received them!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-24 4:03 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

takwu - 2006-01-23 5:58 AM

cmonex,
Ok I tried the hex edit... but it does nothing. Exec Chk doesn't report an error, but when I load up a page, the flash part just shows nothing.

Here's some details how I installed the Flash:
Install Flash Player 5 for Nexio. At this point if I load up a webpage with Flash, a error will pop up. The message has squares and the word "nexio" in it. So I assume it is saying you cannot use this Flash with something not a nexio

Then I replace the swflash.dll with the flash.dll from Macromedia Flash Player 6 for PPC. Exec Chk reports this file requires cellcore.dll. If I load a Flash page now, it simply acts as if I don't have Flash installed.

Finally I hex edit the dll, replacing 80 00 00 80 (only those next to the others), 78 00 00 80, 7A 00 00 80, and 79 00 00 80, all with 28 00 00 80. Now Exec Chk reports no error. Flash page would either load forever, or acts as no Flash installed (depends on which website).

So I guess it's another failure

why did you install the nexio flash?

maybe you could try uninstalling nexio flash and installing the ppc flash 6. and adding the reg entries!

also check if the pages are compatible with flash 6. there's one or two new versions of damn macromedia flash already.

(flash 5 already isnt worth anything, 6 may be still useful)
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-01-24 11:05 PM
#
H/PC Elder

cmonex - 2006-01-24 1:03 PM
why did you install the nexio flash?

maybe you could try uninstalling nexio flash and installing the ppc flash 6. and adding the reg entries!

Well if I just install Flash 6 and add the reg entries, the browser won't even load it. For the HPC2000 install, there's a step where you have to register it with a program, but that program doesn't work in CE4, and I can't find an alternative.

So I used the Nexio Flash install to do the "hooking" with IE, then replace its dll with whatever I can find, like Flash 6 for PPC...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-24 11:08 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

hrm, i'll check that out... (registering the dll) soon
 Top of the page
Sandor
Sandor Page Icon Posted 2006-01-25 3:11 AM
#
Hi:

I have an HP Palmtop with Windows CE. I am trying to find a software that emulates DOS. I have a DOS program I would like to run on CE.

Sandor
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-25 9:13 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

this is offtopic here anyway, pocketdos.
(your name is interesting )
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2006-01-25 9:21 AM
#
H/PC Elder

I'm just scrolling down to see the "Yes, I got it to work post!"
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-25 9:30 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

dunno... it doesnt work for me, it does for rgisondi.
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 68 - Executed queries : 11