x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Backup battery nag screen - IBM Z50

Z50_Rob Page Icon Posted 2004-12-20 12:54 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Whenever the backup batteries are low/dead in my device (which happens often with a Z50...) I get an extremely annoying "Backup Battery Very Low" nag window that pops up every minute or so. I'm sick of feeding this thing AAA batteries, but I don't want to deal with this nag window either.

Is there a tweak or registry hack that I can do to elminate this nag window?

Rob

BTW, this is my first time visiting the website and I really appreicate all the downloads/information/reviews hosted here. Great job!
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2004-12-20 2:35 AM
#
H/PC Elder

I don't have the answer, but I was wondering...
It uses AAA batteries for backup, and it keeps running out? I thought the backup batteries are used ONLY if the main battery is exhausted or absent. How can you use it up at all, not to mention often?

As you can see in my avatar, I'm a Jornada user, and we only have a button battery for backup, you know
 Top of the page
Z50_Rob Page Icon Posted 2004-12-20 4:31 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

The Z50's have this wonderful "feature" that causes them to "wake up" every night at 12:00am. If I forget to dock it I always find it with all the batteries dead. I think there are ways to fix it but nothing I've tried has worked. I don't mind restoring a backup but swapping batteries is getting to be a pain....

Top of the page
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2004-12-20 11:06 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Z50 Rob

Since the battery nag is a result of the 12 am wake up, wouldn't it be best to just solve the wake up problem? What have you tried so far? Maybe, there are some things you haven't attempted yet?
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 1.75 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 10