x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Guest Page Icon Posted 2006-02-18 9:20 AM
#
AndiF - 2006-02-18 2:41 AM

Maul - 2006-02-17 3:49 AM

Problem with the Libretto's is battery life, you just aren't going to get much better than an hour on one of them. I owned one, they're great machines...just so long as your near an electrical outlet.

Under DSL Linux Im getting over 4 hours with the extended battery (Libretto 100), much better than under Win98!
But nothing compares to my Netbook Pro: 6-7 hours with WLAN, over 10 without

Andreas

Wow. Extended battery certainly sounds more proficient then the standard. I bought a "NEW" standard battery after I recieved my libretto, and I got an average life of 45-50 mins. Then again I did overclock it.
 Top of the page
AndiF
AndiF Page Icon Posted 2006-02-18 11:36 AM
#
Extended battery is indeed much better. Bought mine from eBay. Its a 3000 mAH (better than original one from Toshiba).
Runtime is pda-like but youve got to boot

Andreas
 Top of the page
Guest Page Icon Posted 2006-02-18 12:41 PM
#
Hey AndiF is it safe to assume you have a Netbook? If so how do you like it? Are they available in English? How's your internet experience? Please disregard if I'm mistaken, just going by your pic.
 Top of the page
AndiF
AndiF Page Icon Posted 2006-02-18 12:58 PM
#
You are right. It is a Netbook Pro and its the best handheld that I ever had!
I am using it for internet surfing and email. Surfing is quite quick and feels like a "real" PC.
PIM Apps (Pocket-on-schedule) are a pain in the a...
Feels very rugged. AFAIK you can get many language version of course English too.

Andreas

Edited by AndiF 2006-02-18 1:55 PM
 Top of the page
Guest Page Icon Posted 2006-02-18 3:44 PM
#
What would say there selling for these days, and more importantly where?
 Top of the page
AndiF
AndiF Page Icon Posted 2006-02-18 4:08 PM
#
Best buy here in Germany is at Pulster Psion & Profi Organizer
You will get it at EUR 1349 for a new NB Pro with 2 year warranty. He has also units that have been returned at EUR 899 (only one year of warranty). Unfortunately they have only German localization
Maybe another place is at Expansys

Andreas

Edited by AndiF 2006-02-18 4:10 PM
 Top of the page
RandomInsano Page Icon Posted 2006-02-19 11:47 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

AndiF - 2006-02-18 1:41 AM

Under DSL Linux Im getting over 4 hours with the extended battery (Libretto 100), much better than under Win98!
But nothing compares to my Netbook Pro: 6-7 hours with WLAN, over 10 without

Andreas

You'll definitely get much better battery life out of Linux. Assuming the CPU has the wait instruction, Linux will allow the processor to run less when not being used. Older operating systems didn't have this, so the processor was running %100 even when not processing anything. If you note under WinXP, there's an 'idle' process. The only use of that process is to ease up the processor. You could give Win2K a go on the butterfly, but that might take all day to start up...
 Top of the page
Snake Page Icon Posted 2006-02-20 12:38 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Well, there are halt add-on programs for Win9x to run in the system tray. They did seem to work reasonably well.

WinNT kernel on a Butterfly would be pain - the max RAM on a Butterfly is extremely low (40MB, which mine has)
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4 5 6
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 58 - Executed queries : 13