x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

stftclmshell Page Icon Posted 2006-01-21 10:02 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I am posting here because I'm having an issue with both HPC/PRO and HPC2000.
I tried to setup Mobipocket reader on both my 720 and 820. The install goes as usual until I try to use the program, I get " unable to locate program" yada,yada yada.

I don't get it, I even removed the program from my 790 and reinstalled to compare. No problems on the Mips install.

Any ideas?

TIA

Edited by stftclmshell 2006-01-21 10:08 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-21 10:39 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i can send you the installed mobipocket for hpc2000 ARM, it works fine on both of my j728's.

you sure you're installing the right cab?
 Top of the page
stftclmshell Page Icon Posted 2006-01-21 11:10 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

That's the problem, the newest version is an automated install. You install the reader to your PC and then when you connect either a ppc or hpc it contacts the website, says it detects the op system and then downloads the install to the handheld.

Since I posted I even reinstalled the reader on 2 laptops, my pc and my Axim30 with no problems.

Top of the page
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2006-01-21 11:28 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

stftclmshell - 2006-01-21 11:10 PM

That's the problem, the newest version is an automated install. You install the reader to your PC and then when you connect either a ppc or hpc it contacts the website, says it detects the op system and then downloads the install to the handheld.

Since I posted I even reinstalled the reader on 2 laptops, my pc and my Axim30 with no problems.

The latest version (5.0) of Mobipocket Reader does not support H/PC's. That's probably what's causing your problem!!

Version 4.8 was the last one that supported the H/PC platform.
 Top of the page
stftclmshell Page Icon Posted 2006-01-21 11:55 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

HURRICANE JOHN WINS!!

I remembered that I had "cached" a copy of Mobipocket 4.3 C.E. cab on an H/PC goodies disk. Just plopped in the cd, went to my comp/ moblie device and did a copy/paste of the CAB to the 720's storage card. Ding! no problem, works like a champ.
Ditto for the 820. I really wanted it on the 820, its a great reading platform.

Meanwhile back at the ranch, I'm trying to get OPERA 8.5 to work on either the 720 or the 790. I've been using it on the Axim and it kicks PIE's butt! Web pages automatically sized to fit the ppc screen is just tooo cool.

Thanks for the brain kickstart folks.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-01-22 12:02 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Just for future reference, I seem to recall hearing somewhere that some (PC-side)application installers, for some reason, detect the J720 as a Pocket PC rather than an H/PC. Don't know if you're aware of this. There's supposed to be a patch for this; I seem to recall seeing it somewhere.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 9