x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

MoMagnum Page Icon Posted 2006-01-22 2:16 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Has anyone tried to use one of the bluetooth adapters that plug into a serial port (plugged into the sync cable of the Jornada) I have found some that say no drivers even need to be loaded onto the device(?) Would it work?

On another note, why hasn't somebody made a memory card that communicates thru bluetooth so that it doesn't actually get physically connected to the device.

Moe
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-22 2:49 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

what is the problem with a CF bluetooth?

nice idea.. i have my own idea as well: i'd like a card that is wifi and bluetooth (or maybe gprs) in one. the nokia d211 is nice but it is pcmcia and works only with hpc2000, i'd like it in a cf format and with cenet drivers
 Top of the page
MoMagnum Page Icon Posted 2006-01-22 3:18 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Well,

In another thread, I stated how I want my PCMCIA WiFi, CF memory, and a GPS all at the same time. Plugging in GPS to the serial cable would be OK to me, if it would work. I want GPS that works with ministumbler and MS Streets and Trips 2005. This is the only way I see to having all three at once.

Moe
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-01-22 5:44 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

MoMagnum - 2006-01-22 1:18 PM

In another thread, I stated how I want my PCMCIA WiFi, CF memory, and a GPS all at the same time. Plugging in GPS to the serial cable would be OK to me, if it would work. I want GPS that works with ministumbler and MS Streets and Trips 2005. This is the only way I see to having all three at once.

That is an interesting idea... Too bad CE 2 does not support the CF/PCMCIA serial cards ...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-22 5:49 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

MoMagnum - 2006-01-22 9:18 PM

Well,

Moe

i think a serial GPS would be easier to get than a serial BT (*and* a BT GPS, i assume?) also cheaper.
 Top of the page
MoMagnum Page Icon Posted 2006-01-22 7:55 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

cmonex - 2006-01-22 5:49 PM

MoMagnum - 2006-01-22 9:18 PM

Well,

Moe

i think a serial GPS would be easier to get than a serial BT (*and* a BT GPS, i assume?) also cheaper.

BUT!
Would it work by using the SERIAL SYNC cable plugged into the back of the Jornada as the interface?

Moe
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-22 8:10 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

MoMagnum - 2006-01-23 1:55 AM

BUT!
Would it work by using the SERIAL SYNC cable plugged into the back of the Jornada as the interface?

Moe

why would bluetooth have more chance to work via the serial cable?
 Top of the page
MoMagnum Page Icon Posted 2006-01-22 8:14 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

cmonex - 2006-01-22 8:10 PM

BUT!

Moe

Sorry, I meant either one of them, GPS would be fine
What do you think?

Moe
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-01-23 12:25 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

MoMagnum - 2006-01-23 1:14 AM

cmonex - 2006-01-22 8:10 PM

BUT!

Moe

Sorry, I meant either one of them, GPS would be fine
What do you think?

Moe
I'm sure that we have had this conversation somewhere else before. As I said then, there are plenty of good serial GPS devices about, a few of which are listed in the HCL as partial compatibility for all platforms. Again, the reason being that they rely upon mapping software, they need no driver interface.

The only thing that I can think of that you may need to watch is the virtual com assignments from the BT adapter, it may try and dismount other ports that you need for this hardware setup.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 12