x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

cecrowder
cecrowder Page Icon Posted 2004-12-20 9:53 AM
#
I have been having a problem with the CF slots not being detected properly after changing out a CF card. After changing the memory card in the PCMCIA slot for a WiFi card (Ambicon), I have to do a soft reset to get it to detect properly. After changing back to the memory card, I have to perform another soft reset to get the CF card in the lower CF slot (underneath the unit) to detect properly.

Is this a known problem with the Jornada's or is this a problem with HP/C's in general?
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2004-12-20 10:18 AM
#
H/PC Elder

cecrowder - 2004-12-20 7:53 AM

I have been having a problem with the CF slots not being detected properly after changing out a CF card. After changing the memory card in the PCMCIA slot for a WiFi card (Ambicon), I have to do a soft reset to get it to detect properly. After changing back to the memory card, I have to perform another soft reset to get the CF card in the lower CF slot (underneath the unit) to detect properly.

Is this a known problem with the Jornada's or is this a problem with HP/C's in general?

I did not have that problem b4 but I'm using a MP790 which is HPC2k. But these few days, it is starting to act up as well. Similar trend of cf/pccard not detecting properly.

btw, is there any tool to safely unload the drivers before removing a cf card or pccard? It would be good to have the similar icon for WinXP (or 98?) where you can explicitly request for a device to be removed safely. THis would be good for some device whose driver's timing is somewhat wrong or long and can cause instability.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2004-12-20 10:27 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I had a problem with my z50 in that it refused to recognise ANY memory card at all.
The were one or two suggestions around that running a diagnostic has been known to fix it. In the end though, I just had to hard reset and hope. After the hard reset it worked a-ok.

Have you replaced the pcmcia.dll on your device (everyone note this is a Pro thread) as updated pcmcia.dll's were issued for many of the 2.11 devices that exist. If you haven't, it is something that you could try.

As suggested by Snappy! you shouldn't remove the card while the device is running. Only bad things can happen.
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2004-12-21 8:31 PM
#
H/PC Elder

oh I found out the prob with my recent hanging. Its got to do with my itchy fingers manually adding the Pretec wifi driver as an entry in the autodetect registry keys for PCMCIA devices.

I was hoping that this would force load the wifi drivers so that the wifi card will not cause my MP790 to wait to detect it or wait for the drivers to unload when it is removed. Turns out, it cause the system to wait everytime it resumes from suspend until it time outs then it loads the ATA drivers for the cf memory card.

Now everything is back to normal but the pretec wifi card is still causing a slow unload time when I remove it. hmmm maybe I should just return it for a refund and get one of the cheap wifi pccard from ebay?

Anyone tried Proxim wifi 802.11b on the MP790?

Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2004-12-21 10:53 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Yippee! My Pretec cf wifi card now works fine whenever I want. I can close my MP790 and resume and it comes on instantly now, without the dreaded delay before!!

And yes, it is due to the drivers. Tried the WPC1100 linksys drivers from the HCL and now it works just fine. Just used "WPC11NDS.dll" for the driver name the first time I insert the card and now it works like a gem! The way the MP790 was meant to!

Thanks to the download from HPCFactor HCL! C:aime, thanks!
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 1.296 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 8