x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

HP 660LX want to setup WiFi

1 2
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-01-28 8:46 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Thank-you. I will get that amended into the HCL at my earliest oportunity.
Nice one
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-01-28 9:18 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Some freeware games that work in 2.0: Pocket Friendly Backgammon, Blox (a monochrome Tetris clone), WordZ (a Boggle-style word finder game), and YachtCE (you can probably guess what it is from the name). There are probably several color Tetris clones out there for CE 2.0 as well. Check tucows.com and pocketpccity.com for these and others. (With the latter, clicking on H/PC software links you for some reason to H/PC Pro software, so after clicking this, edit out "pro" from the address and click "Go" again.) Also, search this site for threads on H/PC games. (There are several.)
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-28 9:26 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

wow tell that to C:Amie that it (your lan card) works even though its not 10 mbps only

doomce: i'll try it on my 620lx.

dlink: dcf660w, ican test it specifically in the 620lx if you want to be sure

i have much more ce2 games than that, i'll list some for you later

edit: erm i didnt refresh page earlier sorry.

Edited by cmonex 2006-01-28 9:45 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-01-29 11:56 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

cmonex - 2006-01-29 2:26 AM
wow tell that to C:Amie that it (your lan card) works even though its not 10 mbps only
I never said nor even suggested that no 10/100 ne2000 will work - which is what you're implying here.

None of the ne2000 10/100's that are lying about my office will work under the H/PC - any generation. Hence I always caution people on assuming that they will all work. There are likewise plenty of documented cases about the Internet of 100 meg NIC's working ever since MS released the redirector.
This is an established fact, and is why these people created this back during the 2.00 generation:
http://www.sbm.nu/englisch/windowsce/sbm-ne2000/
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-29 12:58 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

C:Amie - 2006-01-29 5:56 PM

None of the ne2000 10/100's that are lying about my office will work under the H/PC - any generation. Hence I always caution people on assuming that they will all work. There are likewise plenty of documented cases about the Internet of 100 meg NIC's working ever since MS released the redirector.
This is an established fact, and is why these people created this back during the 2.00 generation:

i implied that you implied that a 10mbps has a much greater chance to work in your experience

i never thought that all of the ne2000 cards will work, i didn't expect even mine to work (but it did)

thanks for the link. my pcmcia ne2000 card always asked the driver name under CE2, only once with higher CE versions
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-01-29 1:15 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

cmonex - 2006-01-29 5:58 PM

C:Amie - 2006-01-29 5:56 PM

i implied that you implied that a 10mbps has a much greater chance to work in your experience

i never thought that all of the ne2000 cards will work, i didn't expect even mine to work (but it did)

thanks for the link. my pcmcia ne2000 card always asked the driver name under CE2, only once with higher CE versions
There's too much implication here

I did hive that driver a go many years ago on my 320, from what I remember it didn't hard reset the device like the Microsoft one, but in the same light, I was unable to get the 10/100 to operate... and then the thing stopped wroking as it was a demo version
 Top of the page
danzigism
danzigism Page Icon Posted 2006-01-30 11:02 AM
#
everything is working great so far.. i got a crap load of old games haha.. my NIC is still workin good, and for some reason net access is much faster now.. could be because i switched cables, but i'm not sure..

also registered a copy of IrcCE.. great client, except it doesn't work with Undernet servers.. keeps saying "USER: Bad Username" then says Invalid Username.. Its pretty obvious that the username I filled in, is far from being "bad".. haha ahh well.. works fine with EFnet..

i can't believe i missed this, but apparently Orinoco Gold card is compatible with CE 2.0.. great news! there are a surplus of them on ebay :-D ranging anywhere from $10 - $30

right up my alley.. so hopefully in a week or so I'll have one of these bad boys delivered to my door step, and I'll be able to test the wifi capabilities..

still no luck with DoomCE.. i can't even find another place to download the executable file besides the site I listed in my previous post.. and neither binaries work.. the source code is freely available for Doom from IDSoftware, so I wonder what kind of effort was put forth to get it to compile for a CE 2.0 system??

anybody else here infatuated with obsolete computers and other technology?? what a hobby! one i can actually afford haha..

Top of the page
danzigism
danzigism Page Icon Posted 2006-01-30 11:39 AM
#
also wanted to note that, i'll probably end up paying more for the Wifi nic then I paid for the 660LX hehehe :-D
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 8