x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

hi all - help requested re a simpad (top WP50) change Language

newstuart Page Icon Posted 2006-01-23 6:27 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi all I am new to this forum and my name is Stuart,
I am hoping for some help and advise if at all possible please,

I have recently purchased a TOP wp50 from ebay which appears to be a German version of the SIMPAD without a PCMIA slot. In my error I didnt research this enough before bidding and have 4 issues I am hoping for help/advice with,

1) I can not change the language to English (I hoped when i purchased it this would be in the settings but this appears not to be the case) any suggestions ?

2) I can not "sync" it to my pc, when i try to run active sync the pc does not "see" the machine

3) Any suggestions on how I could wirelessly access the internet via this machine without a pcmia card slot for wifi ?

4) The main reason I bought this was to use it as a home cinema remote control running something like "Winsoft remotecontrol 2" Can anyone see a simple way i can do this ?

Thanks in advance for any help given
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-23 6:39 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

1) reflash rom (if possible, dont know if simpad images are fully compatible)

2) install the usb drivers on the pc (simpad needs it, probably this needs it too)

3) well... no slot and no builtin wifi? i'm afraid you're out of luck then maybe mobile internet via infrared, that's also called wireless lol
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-01-23 7:10 PM
#
H/PC Elder

I read it supports homerf or something like that. You might want to check out that angle.

You'll likely need to flash in an english image to change the language.

Monica, what's the link again for the sl4 images? I remember seeing Sinus images there too.
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-01-23 8:45 PM
#
H/PC Elder

I dug up more on internet use:

http://www.iapplianceweb.com/appreview/web_tablet_10.htm

It looks like you need a specific base station.
 Top of the page
newstuart Page Icon Posted 2006-01-24 3:37 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi, and thankyou for all the replies, I have had a look at the docking station that it came with and this just has an input for the power supply so it can charge while sat in there so I will have do do some investagating about if its worth trying to source the correct docking station.

Onto the language issue, Could anyone possibly explain how I would go about "Flashing" the machine to a UK language and where I would obtain the language from please ?

Once again thankyou for all your help
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-24 9:28 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

wallythacker - 2006-01-24 1:10 AM

Monica, what's the link again for the sl4 images? I remember seeing Sinus images there too.

http://simpad.pdaclub.pl/linki.htm

also google tells you if you ask it about simpad rom image (but if you write download too then i think it won't get in the first 10 results)
 Top of the page
newstuart Page Icon Posted 2006-01-24 3:40 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi and thankyou for your response

I have been to the linked site above and am now attempting to find the 4 items i need to place in a new folder on my pc as per the instructions ,starting from the top i have,

1) Serload exe - I have found and downloaded this

2) loader_bl

3) loader_bl.alt

the site i found when i searched on google shows various images such as
S842-SI-GER-020-sl4 but when I try to dowload and save them i get a page come up looking like this one I have pasted below,

Paste
ARNOLDBOOTBLOCK°Š“tň’S842000000000000000000000000000ECEC°h’ á á á á”)Ÿĺ”9ŸĺG ăP’äPƒä@Tâű˙˙€ Ÿĺ á Aâ€ĺÓ ăđ!á ă' ăîîâQî á á!0 ă°č ĺ0Sâű˙˙4 Ÿĺĺ0)Ÿĺá€ĺ ă  ă€ĺĺZ* ă ŕ €ĺ ă €ĺ €ĺĺáü˙˙ ă €ĺěŸĺĺAâ€ĺ ă؀â;ësâ:ë áRëęQîźŸĺĺQă

I do not understand what this is but assume it is not an image ? if I am wrong and it is what I want how do I save it ?

4) Windows CE 4.1 image file

I can not find this anywhere - any suggestions please
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-01-24 3:57 PM
#
H/PC Elder

It's the rom image getting downloaded as text. Are you downloading with a hpc? Use a different browser or machine to download the image. It should be about 16mb.

Make sure your sinus is on AC with a good charge before you begin the flash.

BTW, the GER in the image string name means german language IIRC, not what you want. You want the INT image.

Edited by wallythacker 2006-01-24 4:02 PM
 Top of the page
newstuart Page Icon Posted 2006-01-24 4:17 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi thankyou,

Sorry for all the questions - this is a very very steep learning curve for me and thankyou for bearing with me

I am downloading it from my home pc from google - Should I be just "left clicking" (which is what i have been doing) the link or should i right click and "save target as" to the sl4 folder ?

Also the notes suggest I need to download 2 files,

1) Loader_bi
2) Loader_Bi.alt

How can i tell which one is which on the page ?
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-01-24 8:18 PM
#
H/PC Elder

I'm not sure about which bootloader to use. I don't want to steer you wrong. There is a cesd on this site that might help. I have been meaning to reflash my sl4 for the longest time but that doesn't help you now. I need fresh ups batteries as I don't flash anything without reliable power. I had outages and items got ruined while flashing.

edit: I'd right click and save as

Edited by wallythacker 2006-01-24 8:25 PM
 Top of the page
newstuart Page Icon Posted 2006-01-25 3:45 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi, sorry I do not understand what you mean by a "cesd" on this site who may be able to help?

So if I am correct in thinking, I need to locate these 2 bootloader downloads from somewhere in order to continue ?

Thanks again for your help
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-25 9:08 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

look for the support section on this site
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.220 - Cached queries : 69 - Executed queries : 9