x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

PCMCIA slot + cf slot

ompong
ompong Page Icon Posted 2006-01-24 8:14 PM
#
I am using an upgraded HP 320lx to Win CE 2.0. I would like to use a the PCMCIA slot with a CF card connected to an adapter while having another CF card at the CF slot. The HPC reads my CF slot as Storage Card while my PCMCIA is not recognized at all. It only is recognized when I am off the ac adaptor and it asks for the driver. What am I doing wrongly? Please help. Thanks.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-24 8:47 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

did you try with the cf card that your cf slot recognizes ok?

then theres a problem with the pcmcia adapter or with the pcmcia slot itself
 Top of the page
ompong
ompong Page Icon Posted 2006-01-25 2:15 AM
#
thanks for the swift reply,
both of my cf cards are recognized on the cf slot. both of them are also not recognized on the pcmcia slot. I used my pcmcia cf adapter with my hp 200lx and both of my cf cards were recognized. What type of pcmcia adapter should I therefore use since I am using the wrong one?

ompong
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-01-25 2:52 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Use a flashlight and look carefully into the pcmcia slot. What you describe sounds like a bent pin in the pcmcia slot. I say this because your CF cards and adapter work fine in another machine, so that only leaves the pcmcia slot.

However, there might be a pcmcia.dll update for your 320lx, hunt around, I'm not sure.
 Top of the page
Ompong
Ompong Page Icon Posted 2006-02-01 3:54 AM
#
Finally I got it to work. Thanks for all your help guys. My compact flash adapter was the culprit. Mine was just a CF adapter for type I only. When I used my friends CF adaptor type II out came "Storage Card2". Thanks for all your help.

Ompong
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 8