x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Remote Networking Broken

charliet
charliet Page Icon Posted 2006-01-24 9:19 PM
#
I'm trying to setup a connection to a t68i uetooth phone in remote networking on my HP 720 but the selections for dialup and VPN are greyed out and will not let me select dialup or VPN. I can set up a direct connection but none of the installed devices show up in the selection box. Is this a common problem or does the HP Dialup utility have something to do with it? I'm using Ambicom BT-2000 CF with driver and siftware from the HCL. I can get the modem to show connecting using terminal, but it will not connect. I have installed the ISP fix found on J7XX site however the ppp.dll file is either in use or in rom and cannot be deleted or copied over.

Thanks,

Charlie Thomas
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-24 10:26 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

what did you install VPN is normally greyed out if it is not a 728. but dialup? hp dialup does break things but i never saw it do this to remote networking... since when is it like this? maybe a hard reset?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-01-25 5:21 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I'm with cmonex on this one

Have you had your BT driver disconnect any COM ports?

Try soft resetting and deleting ppp over ActiveSync
 Top of the page
charliet
charliet Page Icon Posted 2006-01-26 7:36 AM
#
Thanks for the comments, I finally did a hard reset and just installed the bluetooth driver and software (Ambicom BT-2000) . The card is recognized but it won't stay paired with the phone (t68i). Dialup is now available in remote networking but I still can't get it to connect to GPRS. I'm afraid that this is not going to be as easy as setting up bluetooth as some of the later OS versions.

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-26 11:09 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

strange.. setting up a t68i should be a breeze just a wild guess, did you change the name of the hpc in control panel? my socket bluetooth always requires this when i install it (after a hard reset or on a new hpc or anything ), so... ?
 Top of the page
charliet
charliet Page Icon Posted 2006-01-26 8:38 PM
#
I've tried several times to get it to connect to the phone with no success. The Ambicom card won't discover the phone, but the phone will discover the card. I pair the phone and card, go to remote networking and engage the dialing profile I've set up in remote networking. It dials *99#, but it never connects to the phone. I also have an Axim X50 that I have set up to connect and I have no problem.

I may try agin soon when I have some spare time. Thanks again to everyone.

Charlie Thomas

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-27 8:31 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

strange... what about dialling *99***1# (if you have only ONE gprs / internet / wap / whatever account in your phone)?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-01-28 9:17 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Cmonex, are there any other drivers that can be used against this chipset, Ref's may be?

I was considering csuggesting the poster try:
http://www.ambicom.com/support/drivers/bt/cf/bt2kcfce2k250.exe

However it's forced a warm restart crash when I tested it so I'll have to hard reset the device.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-28 9:58 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

hmm, i dont know what chipset the older ambicom uses ive never tried the driver either. but i can look into this...

oh poor you with all that hard resetting
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-01-29 12:11 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I'm rather intreagued by this topic actually.

I've been trying to reproduce the circumstances where by the Dial-up remote networking option is disabled. So far all I have been able to do is crash the HPC at boot again.

Will keep you posted.
 Top of the page
charliet
charliet Page Icon Posted 2006-01-29 3:55 PM
#
I finally was able to solve my problem with getting Ambicom CF bluetooth to work. I did a hard reset and installed the bluetooth driver from the HCL. Set up my GPRS profile in Remote Networking and was able to connect to my phone with no problem. I then loaded my Symbol Networker wifi card and it worked also. However, when I loaded my AOL 2.0 for Pocket PC 2002, I started having problems. I could not connect with ActiveSynch, and I got an error message about rasdial.dll

AOL 2.0 had been working fine just using wifi but apprently conflicts with the bluetooth setup. Thanks to everyone for their attention.

Charlie Thomas
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-29 4:33 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

ah, AOL breaks so many things with hpc2000. (works fine with hpc pro, at least i heard so)
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-01-29 4:48 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

AOL breaks so much period.
I have a family members friend system sitting behind me right now that is a Victim of AOL 5 changing the Network and Winsock layers to do their devilish work and not undoing it after uninstall.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 8