x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

a few questions about j720

Link Page Icon Posted 2006-01-24 9:34 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

hooray!!! I can finally post in this section on account of the fact that I bought an HP Jornada 720. I had a couple questions about it though:

1)does it have a usb port?

2)can it easily be upgraded to a 728?

Thanks
Link
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-01-24 9:53 PM
#
H/PC Elder

No usb unless you buy the pricey Ratoc CF card.

Easy upgrade if you have the 728 board. AFAIK Rocketman is sold out.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-24 10:17 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

hey just when i find (accidentally) a gx.dll for the nec 780 specifically you get a j720 congrats on buying it! )
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-01-25 5:17 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Link - 2006-01-25 2:34 AM
1)does it have a usb port?

Thanks
Link
To be specific, it doesn't have a host port, but, if used with the cradle, can be used as a USB client for sync purposes. As said above, you need a CF adapter to attach other hardware peripherals.
 Top of the page
Link Page Icon Posted 2006-03-02 5:28 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I actually I just bought a docking cradle and it has no usb client port. any help?
 Top of the page
jpfx Page Icon Posted 2006-03-02 6:33 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Maybe move the slider over and it's underneath. Don't forget the usb port is square with rounded off top corners on the cradle.
 Top of the page
Link Page Icon Posted 2006-03-02 6:54 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

there are no sliders that i can find. are there 2 types of cradles? because it shows no signs of usb support.
 Top of the page
wildbill Page Icon Posted 2006-03-02 7:25 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

The 680-690's only have serial connection. The 720's have both serial and USB. To connect-you are going to have to buy the serial cable or buy the J720-728 cradle. I have both cradles-but generally use the serial because that was how it was connected with the 690 and I never bothered to change it. The 728 connects fine with the serial connection.
wildbill
 Top of the page
Link Page Icon Posted 2006-03-02 8:43 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

UGH!!! that would have been nice to know before i bought the cradle . oh well its my fault, i should have looked into it more .
 Top of the page
wildbill Page Icon Posted 2006-03-02 9:17 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Link:
Its handy to have 2 cradles-I have the serial cable hooked to my laptop's dock at the office and never bother disconnecting it from the serial port on the back of the dock. I use the USB cradle at home and can easily move it around because USB ports are generally easier to get at. I just got the J728-I can't tell the difference in speed between the serial & USB-I only care that it syncs properly everytime I connect it and it does.
wildbill
 Top of the page
Link Page Icon Posted 2006-03-02 9:39 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

the problem is my notebook doesnt offer serial port support. so if its all the same to you could I trade you my serial cradle plus cable for your usb cradle?
Link
 Top of the page
wildbill Page Icon Posted 2006-03-02 10:07 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Sorry, but I use the USB cradle if I want to connect the Jornada when I'm at home-actually I have a spare serial cradle-would rather have a spare USB as I may have the same problem as you have when I update my laptop this summer-with no serial port. Is there such a thing as a serial to USB adapter?
wildbill
 Top of the page
Link Page Icon Posted 2006-03-02 11:14 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

yes but they rend not to work :sad:

Edit1: emoticon didnt work

Edited by Link 2006-03-02 11:16 PM
 Top of the page
val48 Page Icon Posted 2006-03-06 8:13 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

hey i did some reading and it works ---i use the printer cable (usb A to B cable) to connect my jornada 720 to my laptop--the settings is usb--works fine --and i too do not have a serial port--but i manage to connect a jornada 680e to my laptop with a usb serial adapter--purchase from www.tigerdirect.com---check your connection setting--- make sure its set to-- on mine it was the serial @115kps-if not try the other serial settings til it matches your computer's.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 69 - Executed queries : 11