x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Battery life of 360LX?

360LX user
360LX user Page Icon Posted 2004-12-20 9:21 PM
#
How long should this unit last wihtout any backlight with normal usage? I am using alkalines because this unit did not ship with a charger. I hope it can sync and still have plenty of usage. Or should I use rechargeables wiht an external charger?

Scott
 Top of the page
SirThoreth Page Icon Posted 2004-12-30 7:46 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Rechargables, in the long run, will save you lots of cash on batteries, especially if you keep two sets and swap between 'em.

Couldn't speak to alkaline battery life, since it's been years since I used 'em, really, but I tend to get 1-2 hours or so on my NiMH batteries (1850 mAh). OTOH, my batteries are notably pretty old, and newer ones would probably perform better.
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2004-12-30 10:25 PM
#
H/PC Elder

SirThoreth - 2004-12-30 5:46 PM

Rechargables, in the long run, will save you lots of cash on batteries, especially if you keep two sets and swap between 'em.

Couldn't speak to alkaline battery life, since it's been years since I used 'em, really, but I tend to get 1-2 hours or so on my NiMH batteries (1850 mAh). OTOH, my batteries are notably pretty old, and newer ones would probably perform better.

I think should be more than that with new batteries, esp with the better mAh today...

Can anyone verify if a device like the 360LX can really last 10hours? (Official specs)
 Top of the page
SirThoreth Page Icon Posted 2004-12-31 11:49 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Snappy! - 2004-12-30 7:25 PM

SirThoreth - 2004-12-30 5:46 PM

I think should be more than that with new batteries, esp with the better mAh today...

Can anyone verify if a device like the 360LX can really last 10hours? (Official specs)

With no backlight, PC or CF cards, or external I/O of any kind (ie. no serial port use, either), on alkaline batteries, I've gotten 10 hours before, yes.
 Top of the page
HPC user
HPC user Page Icon Posted 2004-12-31 4:16 PM
#
So I take it that I better not extensively use the CF and PC card modem? Great.... Finding the charger is tough, looked on ebay and no luck wihtout buying the whole unit again.

Kevin
 Top of the page
SirThoreth Page Icon Posted 2004-12-31 4:30 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

HPC user - 2004-12-31 1:16 PM

So I take it that I better not extensively use the CF and PC card modem? Great.... Finding the charger is tough, looked on ebay and no luck wihtout buying the whole unit again.

Or, alternatively, finding a charger that puts out 5.25 V at 1500 mAh or better. I've used 6V, 1.5 mAh chargers when on the road before successfully.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2004-12-31 5:46 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

That sounds a bit risky for someone who may not be experienced with that...
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 12