x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

New user with Jornada 680

1 2
luap Page Icon Posted 2006-01-25 3:10 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I have recently got a jornada 680 it came with no software what so ever but it has the o/s software on it (win ce) can any one point me in the right direction on what i might need in the way of software 1) tobe able to contect to my main PC. 2) to be able to load/download software (games mainly) as it has office on already.
PS I do have the docking stn. & it trying to talk to my PC just have a port conflict.
Cheers Paul
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-25 3:26 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

go to support section and read through it.
 Top of the page
luap Page Icon Posted 2006-01-25 6:49 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Cheers m8, thanks for your support, next time your in England we will help you NOT !!!!
 Top of the page
luap Page Icon Posted 2006-01-25 6:53 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

To any one but vanguard thing

I have recently got a jornada 680 it came with no software what so ever but it has the o/s software on it (win ce) can any one point me in the right direction on what i might need in the way of software 1) tobe able to contect to my main PC. 2) to be able to load/download software (games mainly) as it has office on already.
PS I do have the docking stn. & it trying to talk to my PC just have a port conflict.
Cheers Paul
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-01-25 7:15 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Without the insulting of my moderators, you're being directed towards the support section where there are guides on installing software and synchronising.
There is also a section in the head navigation called sync software, it would probably be a good idea to go there.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-25 7:28 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

luap - 2006-01-26 12:49 AM

Cheers m8, thanks for your support, next time your in England we will help you NOT !!!!

im afraid i wont visit england soon
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-01-25 10:55 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

You can also find all sorts of software for your Jornada in the 'Reviews' section on this site... If you do not know already, your OS is CE 2.11... You can also find some software in the support section as well...
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-01-26 2:37 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I don't know if we should be dignifying this guy's request with a response after dissing cmonex like that.
 Top of the page
luap Page Icon Posted 2006-01-26 6:57 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks alot Amie, that`s more like the friendly replys we get on forums, thanks again
 Top of the page
luap Page Icon Posted 2006-01-26 7:00 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Also Thanks alot Tenjeangosi, that`s more like the friendly replys to we get on forums thanks again
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-01-26 8:18 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

The only reason C:Amie was not friendly to you is because you attacked cmonex...
I quote the rule:

Flaming & Personal attacks: If you don't agree with another member of the board and fell you cannot control your tongue, don't post. If you have been upset by the actions of another user please contact a Moderator or an Administrator and we will deal with it

CE Geek

I don't know if we should be dignifying this guy's request with a response after dissing cmonex like that.

CE Geek, I was just trying to ignore it at the time...

Edited by tenjeangosi 2006-01-26 8:27 PM
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-01-26 9:31 PM
#
H/PC Elder

No disrespect to anyone intended but recently there's been some "I want an answer but I'm not willing to read or follow your advice " posts. I don't have the answer to reduce this.

IMO, anyone not willing to accept the advice or responding negatively deserves to be ignored.
 Top of the page
wildbill Page Icon Posted 2006-01-26 9:59 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

luap:

I'm a newbie too-but have used a 680 daily for the last 5 years-cmonex is right-the first thing would be to read the posts on this site and the 680 manual-it's a pdf file on HP's website and download the additional software found on this site.

It won't matter at all if you can't get the 680 connected-that's the first step.

The newest version of Activesync might help your connection problems-which is available from the Microsoft website. If you need additional help I'm sure the people here including cmonex would be happy to help you. Most of the software is available or is available on-line. I have a new Jornada 720 but no CD's-they aren't necessary.
All the best!
wildbill
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-27 11:29 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

wildbill - 2006-01-27 3:59 AM

The newest version of Activesync might help your connection problems-which is available from the Microsoft website.

not the newest, that isn't compatible with hpc pro. so it should be version 3.8.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-27 11:33 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

luap - 2006-01-27 12:57 AM

Thanks alot Amie, that`s more like the friendly replys we get on forums, thanks again

sorry but i contributed a lot to those friendly replies. my reply to your question wasn't meant to be rude at all, your question wouldve been answered in the support section.

and my name is cmonex, not vanguard.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 72 - Executed queries : 9