x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

2xl
2xl Page Icon Posted 2006-01-25 4:27 PM
#
I have being using my Jornada 720 for 4-5 yrs now. i initially bought the Ansyr PDF viewer and it has been great. Over the past few years there have been more and more pdf files that will not open with a message "internal error - encryption not available". I suspect that the more recent versions of Adobe are too complex for the Ansyr pdf viewer. I have discovered that ansyr has been bought by a new company and they do not offer the product any more, nor support it.

So is there any other current company that either sells or supports a PDF viewer for a Jornada 720/HPC 2000 ?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-25 4:52 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

acrobat reader... it is free
 Top of the page
quiche Page Icon Posted 2006-01-25 7:01 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Can the Adobe Acrobat reader operate from a storage card? It takes up so much space. That's why I found the Ansyr Primer program and am using that now. But I think Adobe would be better and faster, but only possible if it can be on my card and not my ram.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-01-25 7:10 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Yes, yes it can
 Top of the page
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2006-01-26 8:59 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

2xl - 2006-01-25 4:27 PM

Over the past few years there have been more and more pdf files that will not open with a message "internal error - encryption not available". I suspect that the more recent versions of Adobe are too complex for the Ansyr pdf viewer.

2xl

Don't feel bad...they are also too complex for Acrobat 4.0. You'll need at least Acrobat 5.0 or higher to read password protected PDF's.

It's all part of Adobe's revenue enhancement plan to force you to upgrade on a regular basis!

BTW - I create my Newsletter using Acrobat 7.0 and Primer 3.1 reads it just fine(useless I get nasty and add password protection)...but that would defeat the purpose of an HPC Newsletter - right
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.175 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 11