x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

FS: (Resource) CF GPS $35.99

1 2
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-04 7:52 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

CE Geek - 2006-02-04 10:44 AM

(well, except for the HP 200LX that's on the way . . .).

ah so you're getting a 200lx, did you know i already have one (yes i bought the one that i borrowed from a friend..)? nice little thing
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-02-04 3:21 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Yeah, the bidding was so low on this one that I couldn't resist. Most of 'em were going for about $130, and some over $200. I ended up paying $81. But I had to go to work a couple of hours before bidding ended, and given the last-minute bidding frenzies on the last two 6651s I've found, I expected to come back home to find that I'd been outbid. I was bidding on the GPS at the same time and, no surprise, I was outbid on that. (The bids have been going consistently higher than Geeks.com's selling price. I finally ordered one directly through this vendor.)
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2006-02-04 3:34 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Ok here is what i know about the thing so far...

Yes it works on my wibook, yes PS 2005 works with it and picks it up....

BUT and a big BUT, i havent been able to pick up any sattlites, and i thought it was the reciver, so i ahgd em send me another with the same results....When i ahve time to actully go out and test it thourly, i'll bring the results......
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2006-02-04 3:35 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Ok here is what i know about the thing so far...

Yes it works on my wibook, yes PS 2005 works with it and picks it up....

BUT and a big BUT, i havent been able to pick up any sattlites, and i thought it was the reciver, so i ahgd em send me another with the same results....When i ahve time to actully go out and test it thourly, i'll bring the results......
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-04 5:18 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

thcrw739 - 2006-02-04 9:34 PM

you mean you never went out to try to initialize the gps? do so as soon as you can.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-02-04 11:06 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Got mine today (along with my 200LX and D-Link card). Problem is, it comes with very little documentation, and no contact Web address or phone number. I'm still trying to figure out how to initialize it myself.
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2006-02-05 2:30 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

cmonex - 2006-02-04 2:18 PM

thcrw739 - 2006-02-04 9:34 PM

you mean you never went out to try to initialize the gps? do so as soon as you can.

No,
I ment i went out side my apartment to try it but it wouldnt pick up any sattlites, perhaps a bad area?

the second unit gave me the same results so i have to assume that it is the area and not the units.....

I havent gone outside the apartment parking lot to test it is what i mean

Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-02-05 3:11 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Please keep us up to date on your progress guys.
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-02-05 3:14 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Please keep us up to date on your progress guys.
 Top of the page
abyssknight
abyssknight Page Icon Posted 2006-02-15 1:51 PM
#
Yes, keep us up to date. I would like to get one for my new MP800 (HPC/Pro) if it will work...
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2006-02-15 3:22 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Ok heres ther deal, i went out and tested the card, maybe my area i dunno, but i kept picking up sattilites then loosing them ...

but anyway i was using it with pocket streets 2005 on my Wibook...And it works, just not that great....

Not a compatibilty falt though
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-02-16 3:16 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I've been really busy the past several days and haven't had a chance to test mine - or to figure out how to initialize it. As soon as I start making progress I'll let you all know . . . .
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.191 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 10