x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Looking for a consistent way to connect online wirelessly

vevaphonic Page Icon Posted 2006-01-25 8:13 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi there.

This might have been mentioned elsewhere but I am not exactly sure the cause of the problems.

I am new to the WiFi business and while I have a healthy consistent connection with the laptop I am using to the base station, the same cannot be said of the J720.

I have backed up the J720 just after installing all the Wifi programs and I can get it to connect to the station after a minute of scanning. However, after breaking connection by shutting down or rebooting I have trouble re-establishing connection.

My current work around is to do a hard reset and do a full restore and that allows me to reconnect again. I'm sure there is a more elegant manner to reconnect to the network.

I am using SanDisk CF Wifi with Hawking drivers.

Thanks,
Richard

Edited by vevaphonic 2006-01-25 8:43 PM
 Top of the page
takwu@out
takwu@out Page Icon Posted 2006-01-25 8:58 PM
#
Actually I have a similar problem with the Sandisk Connect Plus (the CF WiFi with the built in memory). But I'm using the official WM2003 driver for my SmartBook (CE 4.20).

I don't always have the problem, but sometimes if I instant off and on again, I can lose the connection for good. Here's what I do:

- take out the card
- soft reset
- put the card back in
(after it completely boots)

This works for me almost all the time, only rarely I have to repeat the same procedure again. It's still not elegant, but I would imagine much more tolerable than a hard reset. Good luck
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2006-01-25 10:34 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

You know i have the same problem with my connect plus card on the Wibook using the same drivers and such, but it doesnt allways fowl up when i turn it off and back on or what ever more times it does than none though......but when it does, all i have to do is a softreset to get it to comeback, no removal of the card neccasary
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-26 12:29 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

glad that i didnt buy this card..

btw, vevaphonic, are you using the sandisk card without memory? they have hpc drivers for that card on the cd that comes with the card originally, want them? maybe the native driver would work better. i can upload them somewhere.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-01-26 2:03 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I also do what takwu does. I try to remember to take out the card before turning the unit off. My experience has been that this occurs mostly with my CF WiFi cards; it's rare with my ORiNOCO.

Edited by CE Geek 2006-01-26 2:07 AM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-26 2:43 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

CE Geek - 2006-01-26 8:03 AM

I also do what takwu does. I try to remember to take out the card before turning the unit off. My experience has been that this occurs mostly with my CF WiFi cards; it's rare with my ORiNOCO.

heh what cf wifi cards do you have? surely not prism ones?!
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-01-26 2:57 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Oh, yes they are. You know what I have - Belkin F5D-6060 and Linksys WCF12.
 Top of the page
vevaphonic Page Icon Posted 2006-01-26 3:31 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I should try the bit about removing the card before turning it off. I have the SanDisk with the memory.

At work, there are colleagues whom I get get the Avaya Orinoco gold wifi card, since they have imposed a policy of no wifi within the company. Perhaps I should try that card.

Thanks for the help, so I should put the suggestions into practise.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-26 3:55 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

CE Geek - 2006-01-26 8:57 AM

Oh, yes they are. You know what I have - Belkin F5D-6060 and Linksys WCF12.

geez. the driver isnt optimal then try other drivers! if this is the 790 then i don't know for sure yet (i'll know when i get the 790 rom in the 780... just received it in the mail), but intermec 6651 and nec 780 work fine with the right (!) drivers. may depend on the card itself too?! (i know prism doesn't mean these cards are all *exactly* the same..)
i'm sure you can find the right combination of drivers and cards!
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.172 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 9