x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Hotmail, WorldTalk browser & MobilePro 790

quiche Page Icon Posted 2006-01-27 12:20 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

I've been able to get into my Hotmail account using the WorldTalk browser on my NEC MobilePro 790. I can look at the messages in my inbox. But I cannot pull up message and I can't delete messages. Is there some trick?

I cleared up a load of program memory, so that now I'm operating with 20mb of free program memory. I note on my RsTools that with WorldTalk going it takes up about 8 to 8.5 MB of memory. It is low on CPU usage.

I was not able to find the Mips 3.0 version of Netfront. I did find a forum of people discussing it (a while back), and they mentioned that several hacks are necessary to get it work on a handheld.

So I was hoping with WorldTalk to get into the Hotmail. Yes, I can get in, but I can't do anything once I'm there. Is there a hot-fix for this?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-27 8:29 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i dont have a hotmail account but i heard netfront 3.3 does work regarding hotmail. i just got an email from someone who was writing from his hotmail account using a j720 with NF 3.3

3.3 is not available for MIPS, only 3.0 was available. i have no idea if this version can handle hotmail, but there's a fair chance it will.

not easy to find MIPS netfront 3.0 these days though especially if you want to get it in a legal way
 Top of the page
quiche Page Icon Posted 2006-01-27 11:25 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I've looked and looked for a trial version for MIPs with no luck. I'm not going to pay for something until I know it works on my unit.

But I did find something interesting - QNX Voyager 2 - which utilizes the Access Netfront technology. I'm looking it up now. Supposedly it has versions for MIPs, SH4 and the others. Anyone know anything about it?
 Top of the page
quiche Page Icon Posted 2006-01-29 10:01 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

SUCCESS! That is, using WorldTalk on the MobilePro 790.

I found the solution on some forum. Very simple - it's the URL you type in.

The correct URL to use to access Hotmail is -

http://mobile.msn.com/pocketpc

I was able to log in - get my email - write an email to myself - reply to an email - delete messages from my Inbox - and get my addressbook.

The calendar did not show up on this page - but I suppose is superfluous considering you are logging on with your handheld that already has your calendar on it.

However, I was not able to get this link to access my Hotmail with my Hitachi Eplate with the Internet 3.01. It said something about a secure link could not be established. I do have the 128-bit encryption plus add-in installed. I suppose this belongs now on the HPC Pro thread.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.157 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 8