x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

PIE & Cookies problem - stumped

wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-01-27 1:41 AM
#
H/PC Elder

There isn't a day that goes by without some strange ce problem surfacing. The following problem is a serious issue for me. I *must * have access to my bank using my 720.

My bank made slight changes to their login procedure. I used my desktop to bypass the initial screen to gain access to the user/pw screen. I created a bookmark for the user/pw screen. The bookmark works fine on my desktop and all my hpcs to reach the user/pw screen. So far, so good.

Here's where the fun starts. On my MIPS units (6651/MP890/MP789) using PIE or ftxbrowser I can enter my user/pw and click OK and I'm in. Everything works fine.

If I use my 720 I get the following error using PIE or ftxbrowser. It doesn't matter how I launch the link, I get the same error every time. And yes, I have cookies enabled, lots of free ram and other secure sites work. I have the 128 bit update installed.

Any ideas? And no, I won't give you my user/pw so you can try it for me

Edited by wallythacker 2006-01-27 1:51 AM

(Copy of PShot001.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Copy of PShot001.jpg (40KB - 2 downloads)
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-01-28 9:20 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

It probably means that it is recieving truncated or malformed cookie session data. Are you connecting over WiFi doing this or wired? If you're on wired does it still happen?

The cookie specification is rather liberal, and there is a movement to upgrade to a more advanced cookie system - one that isn't backwards compatible. Without actually getting to look inside the cookie session files, I cannot help you any further than that.
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-01-28 10:02 PM
#
H/PC Elder

I have not tried over the wire. I'm away from home and will do that when I return.
It's bizarre that this only occurs on my arm. I'll also try on my sl4 when I'm home. I know NF3 is no-go for my bank from any platform.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-28 10:21 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

what about NF 3.3? thats still no go?
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-01-28 10:55 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Hey, I forgot all about NF33! I haven't made the time to add the ppc stubs and whatnot yet, I guess I better get cracking at it.
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-01-29 2:27 AM
#
H/PC Elder

I have a workaround. Soft-reset, start and quit ftxbrowser, start PIE and it works, wired or wifi. I'm still stumped why I need to do it this tortuous way, considering my mips hpcs log in directly with PIE or ftx.

I didn't try NF33 as it expires Jan 31? why bother.

Does the commercial nf33 with java work fine on the 720? How about the SL4? I might buy if it does.

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-29 10:02 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

NF33 can be downloaded from my site, it works without additional hacking on the 720 (dont forget to uncheck proxy in the settings)
as for SL4: try it.

no commercial NF33 yet. only 3.2...
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-01-29 10:27 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Interesting really, I've never encountered this problem with any site, and yet you only see it on ARM. Netfront sounds like a good idea to me.
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-01-30 3:45 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Yes, it's bizarre it only happens on my 720. I haven't tried the SL4 yet. It makes me think that PIE isn't the same on the two platforms.

The NF33 preview works fine. Into my bank without a hitch.

Monica, are there any serious problems with NF32? Seeing as 33 isn't retail yet perhaps 32 will keep me happy.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-30 5:57 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

PIE (hmm IE4?) should be the same. it's hpc2000... with cenet IE can certainly be different! the OEM can either use the sample IE from PB or customize / improve it.. bsquare did the latter. NEC just threw IE6 in the package. the difference can clearly be seen in performance etc then... (no, no difference in rendering quality, only in other things)

NF32: i just didn't have the time to troubleshoot it. it didn't work at first try. but you can try for yourself, just get the original cab and the hexedited cab for NF33 and compare them, then do the same to NF32.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 50 - Executed queries : 27